Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Raw Woofers

Notices

Old 02-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
CR_TKE
Default RX-T2 suggestions needed

I am going to be installing a single RX-T2 into a 99 Rav 4, I am going to have a mostly fiberglass box that will be a little thin. I have seen some posts that state a triangluar box is the way to go and sealed is louder than ported. Some people claiming to hit 157 with a 200 watt amp. I am looking for clean bass with the frequent window shaking episode at the stop light. I am planning on running 350 watts RMS to this sub. Any ideas on volume, port length and area, box design. This is for my fiance and therefor shouldn't be too boomy. Your help is much appreciated.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:29 PM
BAZOOKA GURU

NitroVW

Who the hell told you that sealed is louder than ported? If if you don't want it too boomy, I'd go sealed with about 0.7 to 1.0 cubic feet for the sub (depending on the space you have... if you've got the space go for the 1.0, if you don't go for the 0.7).
Old 02-09-2003, 11:01 PM
Just Gettin Started

CR_TKE

I understand the difference between ported and sealed. I was previously an installer as well as a manager of a higher end car audio shop. I am unfamiliar with the charactersistics of this particular sub, that is why I am asking for assistance. I have read some posts on this site where people have claimed that a single sub was hitting rediculously high in a sealed enclosure. I want the best of both worlds, however I do not want a box that is tuned for boomy bass. I may go with the sealed, but I prefer ported designs because of the efficiency gain. Can anyone give me some actual numbers for internal volume and the appropriate port length and cross sectional area?
Old 02-10-2003, 10:17 AM
BAZOOKA GURU

BASSTECH

I got the perfect box for that woofer. I built a box for my civic with one RX-t2 it slamed. Go with a ported box that is 2.5 cuft. The port needs to be 4 x 7.50. Make sure that you rear of the port is at least 3 inches from the rear of the enclosure.

BAZOOKA MOBILE AUDIO
Technical Support / R & D
1-800-THE-TUBE
tubetech@bazooka.com