Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 12-15-2014, 01:29 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
terrainhammer is on a distinguished road
Default BTA10100FHC something not right

Hi... I recently purchased a BTA10100FHC w/ Fast-9999. Hooked everything up to my 14' GMC Terrain stock stereo. Had problems identifying color code speaker wires for High Level hook up. Took to stereo shop to install remaining high level speaker wires.
Picked up rig, and noticed they did not install the way bazooka instruction illustrate. They took both negative wires from Fast-9999 and attached to hopeful one side of negative stock speaker. Than took both positives and did the same to hopeful positive stock speaker. I had to switch phase switch to make bass play. Turned the gain or adjuster maybe quarter turn. Sounds great at very low volume but sounds way out of whack when turned up to normal volume on stock deck.
Whats the difference between using lets say left front speakers and right front speakers vs. the way they installed it ALL to one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BTA10100FHC something not right

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrainhammer View Post
Hi... I recently purchased a BTA10100FHC w/ Fast-9999. Hooked everything up to my 14' GMC Terrain stock stereo. Had problems identifying color code speaker wires for High Level hook up. Took to stereo shop to install remaining high level speaker wires.
Picked up rig, and noticed they did not install the way bazooka instruction illustrate. They took both negative wires from Fast-9999 and attached to hopeful one side of negative stock speaker. Than took both positives and did the same to hopeful positive stock speaker. I had to switch phase switch to make bass play. Turned the gain or adjuster maybe quarter turn. Sounds great at very low volume but sounds way out of whack when turned up to normal volume on stock deck.
Whats the difference between using lets say left front speakers and right front speakers vs. the way they installed it ALL to one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You are dealing with an installation problem. I am hoping that you have dealt with a reputable install shop, and have a reciept. If all of that checks out, return to the shop and ask to speak to the lead installer or the owner. Make sure you have the installation sheet of the Tube with you, and make it clear that the Tube needs to be connected as described in the detailed instructions. Failure to do so voids your warranty, as well as making the Tube sound like garbage.

Post back and let us know the results. And keep one thing in mind, the Bazooka product has been engineered to connect and work, as directed in the instructions. Please do not let some bit rate installer tell you that his way is better. Stick to your guns.
Geneh (12-16-2014), terrainhammer (12-17-2014)
Old 12-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thank you very much for reply back Heavy. I've been eagerly awaiting reply, and while doing so I did contact stereo shop. Their answer was the following: speaker wires are only being used as a audio signal source, and the sub being a mono sub woofer it's OK. I'm little old school and with some speaker savvy. I asked so why is it when you hook high level speaker to low level RCA's it shows same 4 wire installation hook up? Again, their reply was: this allows you to control fade & balance to a multi channel amplifier. Made sense but again I was awaiting for someone's reply to my email. Is there any kind of voltage, or signal strength that is measurable to prove a point to this stereo shop? Last thing I want is to get in a pissing match and than have them start working on my vehicle again. Very frustrated at this point. Like bazooka product by ALL means just want it to perform to its fullest ability.
Thanks Again
Old 12-17-2014, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrainhammer View Post
Thank you very much for reply back Heavy. I've been eagerly awaiting reply, and while doing so I did contact stereo shop. Their answer was the following: speaker wires are only being used as a audio signal source, and the sub being a mono sub woofer it's OK. I'm little old school and with some speaker savvy. I asked so why is it when you hook high level speaker to low level RCA's it shows same 4 wire installation hook up? Again, their reply was: this allows you to control fade & balance to a multi channel amplifier. Made sense but again I was awaiting for someone's reply to my email. Is there any kind of voltage, or signal strength that is measurable to prove a point to this stereo shop? Last thing I want is to get in a pissing match and than have them start working on my vehicle again. Very frustrated at this point. Like bazooka product by ALL means just want it to perform to its fullest ability.
Thanks Again
Let's clear a few things up, IT IS ALWAYS recommended by Bazooka, to connect to the FRONT SPEAKERS of the vehicle, as if you are to use the fader, almost 100% of the time, you fade to front. Connecting to the rear speakers would see a voltage drop, if used for an audio source, and a corresponding volume drop.

Second, the Tube sums the signal mono internally, and also has built in subsonic and low pass crossovers. These are features you paid for, use them.

Again, your WARRANTY requires the Tube to be connected as the instruction sheet directs. If the installer or shop has a problem with the listed instructions and wants to get in a pissing match, have them call Technical Support.
terrainhammer (12-17-2014)
Old 12-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Just Gettin Started

Heavy-
Thank you once again and really appreciate your usable knowledge for me to drive my point home with these guys. I'm on it