Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Customer Service

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
rreale is on a distinguished road
Default 09 gmc sierra SLE

What size powered bazooka tube will fit in my truck. Most of the stuff i have read indicate that BTA6250D will fit. but if the 8 inch or 10 inch will fit, i would like to use that. i read the 10 inch may require a mod to my seat to get it to fit. so which ones will fit and sound best.

also, in order to use the FAST-9999 do i have to take the radio out???
Old 10-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 09 gmc sierra SLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreale View Post
What size powered bazooka tube will fit in my truck. Most of the stuff i have read indicate that BTA6250D will fit. but if the 8 inch or 10 inch will fit, i would like to use that. i read the 10 inch may require a mod to my seat to get it to fit. so which ones will fit and sound best.

also, in order to use the FAST-9999 do i have to take the radio out???
The only way to know for certain what will fit is to take a measurement of the space available in your Sierra. From there compare the dimensions of the space available to the Tubes.

As for the FAST-9999, this is only for use with the BTAXX100 line and NOT the BTAXX250D lineup. To make the required connections you do have to access the back of the factory headunit.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Just Gettin Started

rreale is on a distinguished road

thx for the reply. So it looks like i need the 6 inch one, which is 8" high, i originally assumed it would be 6". so i found some instructions on how to remove the head unit. how much work is it to run the wires. do i just need the wiring kit and the universal strap? how much better is the 250w compared to the 100w. how much better is the 8 inch of the 6 inch?

thx again
Old 10-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreale View Post
thx for the reply. So it looks like i need the 6 inch one, which is 8" high, i originally assumed it would be 6". so i found some instructions on how to remove the head unit. how much work is it to run the wires. do i just need the wiring kit and the universal strap? how much better is the 250w compared to the 100w. how much better is the 8 inch of the 6 inch?

thx again
By simply rotating the Tube you can fit an 8" Tube into the same area.

Running the FAST-BTAH harness is straight forward, however, you do have to use caution with regards to the safe placement of the harness.

If you decide on the BTAXX100 Tube, look for a FHC model which includes the FAST-9999 and the FAST-BTAH. Mounting straps are not universal, however, they are included with the Tubes.

It's not a question of which is better, the 250D or the BTA100, it's a question of what you are looking to do. If you are looking for a Tube to compliment the factory system, the BTAXX100 line fits the description. If you are going to eventually upgrade and like the idea of adding another Tube at a future point in time and tweaking the crossover point, go with the 250D. Keep in mind installation will be a bit more complex as you will have to run a fused power cable, remote and signal connections versus the FAST-BTAH.
Geneh (10-25-2012)