Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Passive Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 08-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
cynyc is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Confused on DVC

I'm currently running a 5 channel amp with a 10" sub in a sealed box. The sub channel is about 250w RMS at 4 ohm. This setup is in a 2011 F150 supercab.

I've always been partial to Bazooka tubes as I've had 3 in the past. I just don't like the sound of a sealed box. I want the tube hidden to that leaves me with the 6.5". If I get the 6024 DVC, how would I wire it? If I have a +/- from the amp, would I wire it + on 1 voice coil and the negative on the other? Or would I be better off going with the single voice coil? Id also like to stay at 4 ohm because I dont think my amp will do 2 ohm for the sub and 4 ohm for the door speakers.

I left the brand names of my system out because I was unsure of your forum policy.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Confused on DVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynyc View Post
I'm currently running a 5 channel amp with a 10" sub in a sealed box. The sub channel is about 250w RMS at 4 ohm. This setup is in a 2011 F150 supercab.

I've always been partial to Bazooka tubes as I've had 3 in the past. I just don't like the sound of a sealed box. I want the tube hidden to that leaves me with the 6.5". If I get the 6024 DVC, how would I wire it? If I have a +/- from the amp, would I wire it + on 1 voice coil and the negative on the other? Or would I be better off going with the single voice coil? Id also like to stay at 4 ohm because I dont think my amp will do 2 ohm for the sub and 4 ohm for the door speakers.

I left the brand names of my system out because I was unsure of your forum policy.
Purchase the BT6028 and wire the voice coils in parallel, this will leave you with a final impedance of 4 ohms. This simply means connect the positive of both terminals together and the negative of both terminals together. You can easily do this by means of a jumper wire from one of the terminals to the other.

Both voice coils on a DVC subwoofer need to be connected in order for the subwoofer to be operational.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Just Gettin Started

cynyc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Confused on DVC

Then thats what Ill buy. Thank you for clearing that up for me.