Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Customer Service

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Louis6507 is on a distinguished road
Default Where can I purchase UMS10A (chrome mount for 10")

I have been looking all over online to get this for a BTA10250D I plan on purchasing next week. The two retailers Bazooka links to claim this is a discontinued item and no longer for sale.

Is that true?

I've tried searching around the usual online retailers, and cannot find them anywhere, except for the 8" ones. I assume the UMS10A fits all 10" Bazooka tubes. Why would it be discontinued? It doesn't really make sense, unless Bazooka is retiring all of their 10" tubes for some reason.

I am searching for this, because I have read in reviews that sometimes the straps loosen up. I usually keep nothing in my trunk. If the tube comes loose while I'm driving, I'm sure there'll be damage, at least to the wiring.
Do good instead of evil and try to live at peace. (Psalm 34:14)
Old 09-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where can I purchase UMS10A (chrome mount for 10")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis6507 View Post
I have been looking all over online to get this for a BTA10250D I plan on purchasing next week. The two retailers Bazooka links to claim this is a discontinued item and no longer for sale.

Is that true?

I've tried searching around the usual online retailers, and cannot find them anywhere, except for the 8" ones. I assume the UMS10A fits all 10" Bazooka tubes. Why would it be discontinued? It doesn't really make sense, unless Bazooka is retiring all of their 10" tubes for some reason.

I am searching for this, because I have read in reviews that sometimes the straps loosen up. I usually keep nothing in my trunk. If the tube comes loose while I'm driving, I'm sure there'll be damage, at least to the wiring.
Yes, the UMS have all been discontinued. The 10" Tubes are not being retired.

If the straps are positioned correctly on the mounting bases, the straps do not work loose. This doesn't mean an occasional check isn't required though.

A major malfunction would have to happen to see the straps come so loose that the Tube starts moving around. Even if the straps were to loosen, there would still be enough tension on the enclosure itself to prevent the Tube from rolling around in the trunk, in large part, due to the concave of the mounting bases.
Louis6507 (09-08-2012)
Old 09-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Just Gettin Started

Louis6507 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where can I purchase UMS10A (chrome mount for 10")

You're all over here, answering questions. lol ^_^ Whatever you're paid, it should be more.

Thanks.
Do good instead of evil and try to live at peace. (Psalm 34:14)