Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Hook me up!

Notices

Old 03-22-2016, 10:11 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
techboy is on a distinguished road
Default BTA8100FHC - Bazooka Sub

hi..
i bought a BTA8100FHC - Bazooka Sub with cable/harness which is as following as photo attached can anyone help me understand the// i know red is + black is ground and orange is remote what about blue black and red black are they high or love level? if high level can i use speak out on them or should i move the pins over to high then use it them as highs?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 613.jpg (55.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-23-2016, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BTA8100FHC - Bazooka Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by techboy View Post
hi..
i bought a BTA8100FHC - Bazooka Sub with cable/harness which is as following as photo attached can anyone help me understand the// i know red is + black is ground and orange is remote what about blue black and red black are they high or love level? if high level can i use speak out on them or should i move the pins over to high then use it them as highs?
I cannot clearly make out the wires in your photo, however, the universal high level coding tends to be as follows:
Left High Level (+) - Green
Left High Level (-) - Green/Black stripe
Right High Level (+) - Grey
Right High Level (-) - Grey/Black stripe

And would you mind clarify your questions? I do not understand what you are asking with regards of using the High-Level Inputs. It almost sounds like you are suggesting that you will be able to power your "highs" off of these wires, which is not possible.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:46 PM
Just Gettin Started

Help 0003 Re: BTA8100FHC - Bazooka Sub

Thanks heavyduty...

Looking at the connector from the top as per pic
Black is ground
Red is +12
Orange is remote

Could you tell me the other four colour
Blue top?
Black bottom? ( I think they are negatives)
Red top?

Are this four high or low level?
Old 03-24-2016, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thanks heavyduty...

Looking at the connector from the top as per pic
Black is ground
Red is +12
Orange is remote

Could you tell me the other four colour
Blue top?
Red top?

Are this four high or low level?
Sorry, but no I cannot. As this is not the standard Bazooka connector or harness, I cannot tell you what any of these wires are designated as or used for.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:54 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thanks heavyduty...

this came with an bazooka DFM-MOD1 however the connector between the harness that goes in the sub and the bazooka DFM-MOD1 was cut off so not sure how it was used before...

from the diagram i know for face that:

Black is ground
Red is +12
Orange is remote
as i was able to power it up and green light came on...

ONLY thing form the diagram
Blue top?
Black bottom?
Red top?
Black bottom?

does look like high leave RCA output so i dont have to buy another harness i was thinking i can remove the pins from the conntor i have and move them over to the left side as per digrame to make them low level and be able to use the same wiring does that make sense?
Old 03-24-2016, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks heavyduty...

this came with an bazooka DFM-MOD1 however the connector between the harness that goes in the sub and the bazooka DFM-MOD1 was cut off so not sure how it was used before...

from the diagram i know for face that:

Black is ground
Red is +12
Orange is remote
as i was able to power it up and green light came on...

ONLY thing form the diagram
Blue top?
Black bottom?
Red top?
Black bottom?

does look like high leave RCA output so i dont have to buy another harness i was thinking i can remove the pins from the conntor i have and move them over to the left side as per digrame to make them low level and be able to use the same wiring does that make sense?
Well, if you are using the appropriate Molex connector, what I would suggest is making the 4 additional wires your High Level Input wires. These are easier to identify, with regards to position in the connector. If needed, simply add an aftermarket LOC. However, an new harness is your best bet, and is fairly inexpensive. Check it out.

https://www.southernaudioservices.co...ubes-P294.aspx
Geneh (03-29-2016)
Old 03-25-2016, 02:29 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thanks bud really appreciate your help… the Molex connector that I have and that came with the sub (model BTA8100FHC) does fit correctly and as I said following the connector diagram they are Black is ground, Red is +12, Orange is remote and from the connector diagram I think the follow are low level Blue top? Black bottom? Red top?
Black bottom? Which would be or is high level RCA would you be able to confirm that and if yes then I will making the 4 additional wires my High Level Input wires by moving the over to the correct Molex connector as per diagram.

Thanks happy Easters
Old 03-29-2016, 04:05 PM
Just Gettin Started

Default Re: BTA8100FHC - Bazooka Sub :bravo-009:

After doing some more research I was able to validate which of molex connector pins were what… and have made the changes by remove pins from high to low… question now is I don’t care about fading left and right, so is it ok to connected both right and left to one speaker? which will be giving out high?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2016, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
After doing some more research I was able to validate which of molex connector pins were what… and have made the changes by remove pins from high to low… question now is I don’t care about fading left and right, so is it ok to connected both right and left to one speaker? which will be giving out high?

Thanks
No, because the signal source is not dependent on fading left or right, in fact, the fader is of zero use in an application like this. You will need to connect to both the left and right channels to sum the stereo bass information to a mono signal. Not connecting both channels will see the bass performance suffer.
Geneh (04-04-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Just Gettin Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
No, because the signal source is not dependent on fading left or right, in fact, the fader is of zero use in an application like this. You will need to connect to both the left and right channels to sum the stereo bass information to a mono signal. Not connecting both channels will see the bass performance suffer.

Thanks bud... i am not tech as my name says lol so bare with me... since right and left of speaking in the car ( in mind) is giving out same signal correct? if correct then when connected both left and right from bazooka sub to one high speaker of the car why would it matter? ( just trying to understand) because the bazooka sub does to know it coming from one speaking.... please help me understand

Tags
wiring harness