Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 10-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
allenx1966 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help 0003 Dual or piggyback harnees ?

I don't remember where i saw this, it has been years. Somewhere on either the product list or in the forums, I saw a piggyback harness. What I mean is a harness that would let you run 2 tubes off the same harness. I am in the perfect situation for this piggyback/splitter. I have an BTA8100 i want to run with a BTA6100 and there really is no sense in me running all the same wires back to the second one. I have already ran some thick gage power wires that will easily handle the total 200W that the combo of 2 tubes will draw.
Anyone seen this splitter/piggyback harness before, and can tell me where to get it?
Old 10-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dual or piggyback harnees ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenx1966 View Post
I don't remember where i saw this, it has been years. Somewhere on either the product list or in the forums, I saw a piggyback harness. What I mean is a harness that would let you run 2 tubes off the same harness. I am in the perfect situation for this piggyback/splitter. I have an BTA8100 i want to run with a BTA6100 and there really is no sense in me running all the same wires back to the second one. I have already ran some thick gage power wires that will easily handle the total 200W that the combo of 2 tubes will draw.
Anyone seen this splitter/piggyback harness before, and can tell me where to get it?
I don't recall a harness like the one that you are talking about, however, you can tap into the input signals of the BTA8100 for the addition of the BTA6100.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Just Gettin Started

allenx1966 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dual or piggyback harnees ?

OK, thanks for the answer. I would have bet money there was such a harness, because I specifically remember running 4 gauge wire for the power, so if at a later date, I could easily ad a second tube.
I use heavily shielded 12 ft' rca cables for the input now. So I guess I can just get rca splitters and there will still be enough signal for both tubes even after splitting?

Tags
combo, dual, harness, splitter