Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
bobika is on a distinguished road
Default Testing a Bazooka Tube

Hey there, I found this guy who is selling his marine bta10250 with a passive sub to boot! Can you tell me a way I can test it out or what to look for when I inspect them? Thanks.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Testing a Bazooka Tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobika View Post
Hey there, I found this guy who is selling his marine bta10250 with a passive sub to boot! Can you tell me a way I can test it out or what to look for when I inspect them? Thanks.
You should keep in mind that when buying used electronics there is no way to tell how hard the previous owner was on the item, in this case the Tubes. You also have no warranty in case you have a problem with the Tubes a week or month down the road.

With that being said, the owner should have no problem allowing you to connect both units to make sure that the Tube does power up, there is no audible distortion or rattling from either Tube and that the gain and crossover knobs are fully functioning.

As for what to look for, barring some exterior scratches, the Tubes should like as if they have been well taken care of. The grills should be in one piece, still attached and no holes or marring on the subwoofers themselves.
Geneh (03-23-2011)
Old 03-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Just Gettin Started

bobika is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
You should keep in mind that when buying used electronics there is no way to tell how hard the previous owner was on the item, in this case the Tubes. You also have no warranty in case you have a problem with the Tubes a week or month down the road.

With that being said, the owner should have no problem allowing you to connect both units to make sure that the Tube does power up, there is no audible distortion or rattling from either Tube and that the gain and crossover knobs are fully functioning.

As for what to look for, barring some exterior scratches, the Tubes should like as if they have been well taken care of. The grills should be in one piece, still attached and no holes or marring on the subwoofers themselves.
Gotcha, is there another power source other than the car battery I can use to test power?
Old 03-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobika View Post
Gotcha, is there another power source other than the car battery I can use to test power?
Not unless you have a 12v power supply capable of 20 amp loads. Not to mention, where are you going to pull your signal from? The Tube has to have a bass signal present to reproduce any bass.
bobika (03-24-2011)