Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 03-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
f575gtc is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 BTA10250D BT install help!

Hello guys, I just bought the 10 inch sub 250watt and I am installing it in a 2011 Subaru Impreza STI and using its factory unit. The unit does not have RCA so I ran 4 speaker wires from the output lines for the rear speakers to the back into the subs harness and plugged into the sub using its plain wire connections, now I heard bazooka tubes before and they were loud, but mine has VERY little bass, I can tell the sub is on and it is working but I don't get the bass shaking I heard from the same sub in a different car.

Is it because the speaker lines I am tapped into do not have enough of a signal current to the sub? I thought the sub was supposed to amplify what ever signal I sent to it.
I already turned the dials on the subs gains up and it makes very little difference.
Any advise? Thanks a millions
Old 03-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BTA10250D BT install help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f575gtc View Post
Hello guys, I just bought the 10 inch sub 250watt and I am installing it in a 2011 Subaru Impreza STI and using its factory unit. The unit does not have RCA so I ran 4 speaker wires from the output lines for the rear speakers to the back into the subs harness and plugged into the sub using its plain wire connections, now I heard bazooka tubes before and they were loud, but mine has VERY little bass, I can tell the sub is on and it is working but I don't get the bass shaking I heard from the same sub in a different car.

Is it because the speaker lines I am tapped into do not have enough of a signal current to the sub? I thought the sub was supposed to amplify what ever signal I sent to it.
I already turned the dials on the subs gains up and it makes very little difference.
Any advise? Thanks a millions
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. High Level Inputs are always a verified high voltage source. Check for a possible phase issue. If the Inputs are connected out of phase there will be little to no bass.

Last edited by heavyduty; 03-19-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Just Gettin Started

I looked into the out of phase possibility which I don't understand 100% all the terminals are correct, I did not cross wire any negatives with positives and when I turn the gains knob counterclockwise I lose what ever bass I have and when I turn clockwise I gain some back.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I looked into the out of phase possibility which I don't understand 100% all the terminals are correct, I did not cross wire any negatives with positives and when I turn the gains knob counterclockwise I lose what ever bass I have and when I turn clockwise I gain some back.
Disconnect one channel at the harness and reverse the leads.

You can worry about adjusting the gain after you have the Tube working. What level do you have the crossover set? Another troubleshooting question for you, where and how is the Tube mounted in your STI?
Old 03-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Just Gettin Started

I have the hatch so I have the sub front facing the back of the car with the rear door closed I have about 4 inches of clearance between the sub and the door.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Just Gettin Started

so if I understand correctly I should remove lets say the positive gray and negative gray and leave just the greens to see if it was a signal cancellation and if it improves the bass?
Old 03-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
so if I understand correctly I should remove lets say the positive gray and negative gray and leave just the greens to see if it was a signal cancellation and if it improves the bass?
You can disconnect one channel to see if the bass improves or you can simply switch the positive and negative.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Just Gettin Started

Ok I will try it tomorrow and report
Old 03-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Just Gettin Started

Ok so I removed one of the channels and it is doing the same thing the audio even cuts out at high volume any ideas?
Old 03-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Just Gettin Started

Quote:
Ok so I removed one of the channels and it is doing the same thing the audio even cuts out at high volume any ideas?

Ok so I fixed the cutting out, I balanced the radio to the rear a tiny bit and it stopped but the bass only really pounds at max volume, is that a design of the amp in the sub? or a limitation of the radio? is there anyway to amplify the signal to the sub inline?

finally something very odd, I have the bass knob and from my understanding the knob maxes out at the subs lowest setting and then lets you lower the gains from there, the thing is the second I plug in the knob it greatly reduces the bass even at max on the sub and on the knob, is that a defective knob?