Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vancouverguy is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 10" Tube Sub is Bottoming out?!? Need Advice

I pieced together what I thought was going to be a kick a$$ system for my car. I have a double din Kenwood DNX6160 and play mainly music through the ipod.

Front speakers are Hertz components, rear are pioneer coaxial and then I have a newly installed 10" Bazooka Amplified tube. I had all of the components professionally installed and the sub is facing into the corner of the trunk as outlined in the recommendations.

The subwoofer makes a popping sound with too much bass. The problem I have is that my Kenwood is set to Subwoofer level 1, overall base 3 and the tube it's self is almost cranked all the way down.

I don't want so much base that it rattles my license plate, but I did think that I would have a bit more thump with a 10" tube?

Any ideas of what could be wrong?
Old 12-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 10" Tube Sub is Bottoming out?!? Need Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouverguy View Post
I pieced together what I thought was going to be a kick a$$ system for my car. I have a double din Kenwood DNX6160 and play mainly music through the ipod.

Front speakers are Hertz components, rear are pioneer coaxial and then I have a newly installed 10" Bazooka Amplified tube. I had all of the components professionally installed and the sub is facing into the corner of the trunk as outlined in the recommendations.

The subwoofer makes a popping sound with too much bass. The problem I have is that my Kenwood is set to Subwoofer level 1, overall base 3 and the tube it's self is almost cranked all the way down.

I don't want so much base that it rattles my license plate, but I did think that I would have a bit more thump with a 10" tube?

Any ideas of what could be wrong?
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. Which model amplified Tube do you have?
Old 12-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Just Gettin Started

Hi,
Thanks for the welcome. I have a BTA10100FHC amplified tube. It is mounted in the trunk.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hi,
Thanks for the welcome. I have a BTA10100FHC amplified tube. It is mounted in the trunk.
What frequency do you have the subwoofer crossover set at on the headunit? Dial the bass out of the headunit and defeat any loudness and bass boost function to see if the output improves.

Last edited by heavyduty; 12-10-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

After putting a bit more thought into your post, you may possibly be dealing with a phase issue. Do you have any idea what inputs are being used for the Tube, High Level or Low Level? If your troubleshooting skills are limited, you need to go back and discuss these issues with your installer.

Last edited by heavyduty; 12-10-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Just Gettin Started

Hey, we did briefly touch on this during the install and I the high level was chosen based on the type of system I have.

Was that a wrong choice?

I will try the "am i in phase" instructions from the manual to see if I can tell?
Old 12-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hey, we did briefly touch on this during the install and I the high level was chosen based on the type of system I have.

Was that a wrong choice?

I will try the "am i in phase" instructions from the manual to see if I can tell?
No, the High Level Inputs are always my first choice when it comes to the BTAXX100 line, especially with the fixed crossover and subsonic filters on these units. What speakers are you using for your input signal, front or rear?
Old 12-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Just Gettin Started

Hey,
Well...i have quickly become out of my depth based on your last questions. ;-) I do know that the deck had a separate RCA inputs for the subwoofer.

I will call the installer today and ask him. Anything else that might be helpful in trouble shooting.

I really appreciate the help. Cheers.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hey,
Well...i have quickly become out of my depth based on your last questions. ;-) I do know that the deck had a separate RCA inputs for the subwoofer.

I will call the installer today and ask him. Anything else that might be helpful in trouble shooting.

I really appreciate the help. Cheers.
This is what the Bazooka Forum is for, I'm more then happy to help. Until you find out what channels you used for the inputs, anything else will lead to information overload. Post back with what you find out.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Just Gettin Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
No, the High Level Inputs are always my first choice when it comes to the BTAXX100 line, especially with the fixed crossover and subsonic filters on these units. What speakers are you using for your input signal, front or rear?
Alright, spoke with the installer.

Input signal is via RCA plugs to the Kenwood subwoofer rear input. The deck has a separate Subwoofer control.

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert...gation/DNX6160

I am also sending a link of this thread to the installer via email...so he may join the convo. ;-)

Cheers

Tags
bottoming out, lack of bass, pop, popping