Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
effingbrian is on a distinguished road
Default New member from Michigan

Hello, new guy hear from SE MI. I drive a 2008 Ponitac G8 and am looking for a decent, no hassle installation subwoofer. The Bazooka seems to be a good choice. I do have a couple of questions. Maybe some one can help me with?

Can the BTA6100 be mounted inverted to the bottom of the rear shelf found in most sedans?
I don't want to take up floor space in the trunk with a subwoofer.

I have the base stock four channel stereo. I've replaced the stock speakers with Polk Audio DB6501s in the front and DB651s in the back doors. The DBs are 4 ohm. If I install a BTA6100 which is 2 ohms per channel what is this going to do to my impedance matching for the rest of the system? I am thinking I will reduce my impedance for the rear doors, which is where I was going to get the signal for the BTA6100, to something less than 2 ohms. Will this give me an imbalanced sound stage?

Sorry for the long winded post, but I want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

Thanks for any and all help!
Brian
Old 08-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New member from Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by effingbrian View Post
Hello, new guy hear from SE MI. I drive a 2008 Ponitac G8 and am looking for a decent, no hassle installation subwoofer. The Bazooka seems to be a good choice. I do have a couple of questions. Maybe some one can help me with?

Can the BTA6100 be mounted inverted to the bottom of the rear shelf found in most sedans?
I don't want to take up floor space in the trunk with a subwoofer.

I have the base stock four channel stereo. I've replaced the stock speakers with Polk Audio DB6501s in the front and DB651s in the back doors. The DBs are 4 ohm. If I install a BTA6100 which is 2 ohms per channel what is this going to do to my impedance matching for the rest of the system? I am thinking I will reduce my impedance for the rear doors, which is where I was going to get the signal for the BTA6100, to something less than 2 ohms. Will this give me an imbalanced sound stage?

Sorry for the long winded post, but I want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

Thanks for any and all help!
Brian
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. Before you decide on a mounting location for the Tube, you will want to make sure that you are fulfilling the corner loading requirements of the Tube, if not, output will suffer.

Installing the Tube does not change the impedance of the existing speakers. You are not powering the Tube off of these speakers, only creating a signal source.

Please post back with any questions you may have.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was planning on mounting the tube on the underside of the rear parcel shelf in the trunk about four inches from the left side of the trunk wall. Do I need anything special to mount the tube upside down?
Old 08-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by effingbrian View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.

I was planning on mounting the tube on the underside of the rear parcel shelf in the trunk about four inches from the left side of the trunk wall. Do I need anything special to mount the tube upside down?
As long as you can get the Tube 2 to 4 inches from the trunk wall you should be fine. Don't forget to play around with that placement by sliding it closer or further away from the trunk wall.

Check out the UMS mounts for another mounting option, if not the straps that are included with the Tube will work fine.

http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobi...stem---6--P218
Geneh (08-17-2010)
Old 08-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Just Gettin Started

Awesome!

Thanks again!

Brian
Old 10-07-2010, 04:51 AM
Just Gettin Started

hippocampus is on a distinguished road

Accidentally I hooked on this site, this pace, and have the right answer for my question when I'm purposedly find information on google. So, thank you you all.
and I just wanna say hello there, i'm here now.