Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Hook me up!

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fsfiorenini is on a distinguished road
Default 4 channel amp and subs

I have a 4 channel amp that I want to install in my jeep and want to get a tube or 2. my question is what one or two tubes should I get, and what's the best way to install the amp and tube(s). It's a 400 watt 4 channel amp and would like to install the amp,subs myself.
Thanks,

frank
Old 09-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 4 channel amp and subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsfiorenini View Post
I have a 4 channel amp that I want to install in my jeep and want to get a tube or 2. my question is what one or two tubes should I get, and what's the best way to install the amp and tube(s). It's a 400 watt 4 channel amp and would like to install the amp,subs myself.
Thanks,

frank
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. Which Tubes to purchase will be largely decided by your amplifier output and the impedance loads the amplifier is capable of.

Following the instructions in the owner's manual of the amplifer and the Tubes will help you install your components.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Just Gettin Started

I have decided on 2 6.5" Model #: BT6024DVC and I have a memphis PR 4.100 amp. I want to bridge the amp but I dont know what the power to each set of speakers and subs will be. I also want to know if the subs are the right choice with this amp?

Thanks again.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I have decided on 2 6.5" Model #: BT6024DVC and I have a memphis PR 4.100 amp. I want to bridge the amp but I dont know what the power to each set of speakers and subs will be. I also want to know if the subs are the right choice with this amp?

Thanks again.
Yes, the BT6024DVC will be an excellent match for your amplifier.

Power to the Tubes will be 70 watts a piece (140 watts total). Power to your speakers will be 50 watts if they are 4 ohm. 70 watts if they are 2 ohm.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thank you for all of your help. I have 1 tube and plan to get the second shortly.
I have one last question, and I cant figure it out. I have a Memphis PR100.4 amp and cant figure out how to connect the RCA's. I can guess but I would prefer to ask a pro. I am connecting the RCA to the R/SW on the HU, but once I get to the sub I am lost. Can someone please explain how and where to connect on the amp. I have a Y adapter but once connected to the RCA, I am not sure how to connect.
Thank you and sorry for the long message.
Frank
Old 01-28-2011, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thank you for all of your help. I have 1 tube and plan to get the second shortly.
I have one last question, and I cant figure it out. I have a Memphis PR100.4 amp and cant figure out how to connect the RCA's. I can guess but I would prefer to ask a pro. I am connecting the RCA to the R/SW on the HU, but once I get to the sub I am lost. Can someone please explain how and where to connect on the amp. I have a Y adapter but once connected to the RCA, I am not sure how to connect.
Thank you and sorry for the long message.
Frank
Frank, I am having some trouble understanding what you are referring to with your post.

I am connecting the RCA to the R/SW on the HU, but once I get to the sub I am lost. Can someone please explain how and where to connect on the amp.

Are you asking how to connect the Tubes to the amp? Or are you asking where to connect the RCA's to the amp?

I have a Y adapter but once connected to the RCA, I am not sure how to connect.

Why do you have a Y adapter? Are you going to bridge both channels of the amplifier for each Tube?
Old 01-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Just Gettin Started

Sorry for the confusion.

I meant to say RCA from HU to amp.

As far as the Y adapter, After talking to a few people they said it was needed.
Honestly, I am open to your suggestions about amp and sub connections. Feel free to give an and all suggestions.

Thanks again
Old 01-28-2011, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion.

I meant to say RCA from HU to amp.

As far as the Y adapter, After talking to a few people they said it was needed.
Honestly, I am open to your suggestions about amp and sub connections. Feel free to give an and all suggestions.

Thanks again
To connect the RCA outputs of the headunit to all four inputs on your amplifier you will need two Y adapters (single male to double female). Connect the Y adapters to the headunits outputs. You will then connect the RCA cables from the Y adapters to the amplifier.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Just Gettin Started

Thank you, that is perfect.
Until I get my second sub, how can i connect my current tube?
Old 02-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thank you, that is perfect.
Until I get my second sub, how can i connect my current tube?
Just connect your RCA's to channel 1 and channel 2. Then connect the Tube to the amplifier outputs. Your amplifier should have a schematic on how to connect at the terminals in bridged mode. If not, consult the owner's manual.