Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Hook me up!

Notices

Old 05-04-2014, 01:22 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
liseky is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Help with TMS8A-HP-S installation!

Hi everyone!

I just have a few questions regarding the installation of this specific model (since I'm trying to put it in a non-Scion vehicle). Any help is greatly appreciated!

I currently have a Pioneer Head Unit, with an available RCA Output for the Subwoofer.

I have a 4 channel amp connected to the Pioneer HU and my two front, and two rear speakers.

My thinking is this:
1. Purchase the ELA-HP-AWK wiring harness because I don't have one.

2. Purchase a distribution block for the 4g power wire that is already fused with a 120A and currently runs from the Pos Batt to the 4 channel amp. This would be to split the 4g power wire into a 4g that runs into my current 4 channel amp and a 4g that will go to the Bazooka tube.
Question: Will a 4g power wire even fit into the Bazooka harness? Is there a distribution block that can separate a 4g input into a 4g and a smaller gauge if needed?

3. Connect the RCA cables on the ELA-HP-AWK wiring harness to my HU.

4. Connect into the remote turn on wire that goes to the 4 channel amp currently into the ELA-HP-AWK harness.

5. Connect the ELA-HP-AWK ground to where my 4 channel amp's ground is.

6. Do some fine tuning and enjoy myself.

Do my steps seem correct? Again, I truly appreciate all the help!

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help with TMS8A-HP-S installation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liseky View Post
Hi everyone!

I just have a few questions regarding the installation of this specific model (since I'm trying to put it in a non-Scion vehicle). Any help is greatly appreciated!

I currently have a Pioneer Head Unit, with an available RCA Output for the Subwoofer.

I have a 4 channel amp connected to the Pioneer HU and my two front, and two rear speakers.

My thinking is this:
1. Purchase the ELA-HP-AWK wiring harness because I don't have one.

2. Purchase a distribution block for the 4g power wire that is already fused with a 120A and currently runs from the Pos Batt to the 4 channel amp. This would be to split the 4g power wire into a 4g that runs into my current 4 channel amp and a 4g that will go to the Bazooka tube.
Question: Will a 4g power wire even fit into the Bazooka harness? Is there a distribution block that can separate a 4g input into a 4g and a smaller gauge if needed?

3. Connect the RCA cables on the ELA-HP-AWK wiring harness to my HU.

4. Connect into the remote turn on wire that goes to the 4 channel amp currently into the ELA-HP-AWK harness.

5. Connect the ELA-HP-AWK ground to where my 4 channel amp's ground is.

6. Do some fine tuning and enjoy myself.

Do my steps seem correct? Again, I truly appreciate all the help!

Thanks!
4 Gauge wire for your Tube will be overkill. Due to the amperage draw of the amplifier, anything larger than 10 gauge is not necessary. As to your question, no, a 4 gauge wire will not fit into the Tube's harness.

You can connect to your amplifier ground and remote turn-on. Power should be fused, either from a distribution block, or the positive terminal of the battery.

Use the RCA output of the headunit or the amplifier (if it has a pre-out line).

As for your distribution block question, most will have bushing designed to accomodate a smaller 8 gauge wire. Use a distribution block that uses set screws and you will be able to fit a 10 gauge wire. Just make sure the power wire is centered underneath the set screw.

Tune and then enjoy!
Old 05-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thanks for the answers!

Well, since it seems like it'd be more work to use a distribution block as opposed to just running another power wire adjacent to my 4G I guess I'll just purchase a long 10G wire and run it to my positive battery.

Do you know how large the fuse needs to be off the top of your head for that?

Also, once I connect the remote on wire.. I've read that I need to disconnect the yellow loop, is that true?

The remaining wires that are unused (as I am just using RCA, power, ground, remote turn on) should be heat shrinked/wrapped and left alone, correct?

Thanks again so much for your help, I truly appreciate it!
Old 05-06-2014, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by liseky View Post
Thanks for the answers!

Well, since it seems like it'd be more work to use a distribution block as opposed to just running another power wire adjacent to my 4G I guess I'll just purchase a long 10G wire and run it to my positive battery.

Do you know how large the fuse needs to be off the top of your head for that?

Also, once I connect the remote on wire.. I've read that I need to disconnect the yellow loop, is that true?

The remaining wires that are unused (as I am just using RCA, power, ground, remote turn on) should be heat shrinked/wrapped and left alone, correct?

Thanks again so much for your help, I truly appreciate it!
Use a 15 amp fuse for the Tube. Yes, you do need to disconnect the remote turn-on loop. You got it, leave the rest of the wires alone, make sure the ends are protected, and get down to business.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:28 PM
Just Gettin Started

Awesome! Thanks for the advice. The harness came with a fuse on it so I think I'm good to go there, now I just need to buy some power wire and I should be good to go.

Thanks!