Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Customer Service

Notices

Old 06-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Prplngld8 is on a distinguished road
Default MAC 8002 marine speaker reapair

Hi I recently pulled out my 8" marine speakers, and in the process pulled out one the wires for what looks like a capacitor on the speaker. Anyway what would be the best way to get this repaired? Can I mail them to bazooka? or even drop them off? I live in New Orleans.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (95.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 06-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: MAC 8002 marine speaker reapair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prplngld8 View Post
Hi I recently pulled out my 8" marine speakers, and in the process pulled out one the wires for what looks like a capacitor on the speaker. Anyway what would be the best way to get this repaired? Can I mail them to bazooka? or even drop them off? I live in New Orleans.

Thanks
The wire you pulled out connects to the crossover network on the speaker. Repairing this will just be a matter of soldering the wire back in place. Any electronics repair shop can handle this, or even you if you are handy with a soldering iron. If you would rather have Bazooka do the repair, which is always an option, you will have to call Customer Service tomorrow and get a RA number and discuss your options on shipping the speaker or dropping it off.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Just Gettin Started

Are you sure? I went by a speaker repair shop today and he seemed to think it was pulled out of a capacitor and said the whole speaker had to be replaced. I dunno. Anyway I am fairly good with a sodering iron, I'm just not sure what to solder the wire to? The wall of the tube or just anywhere inside it or what??
Old 06-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Are you sure? I went by a speaker repair shop today and he seemed to think it was pulled out of a capacitor and said the whole speaker had to be replaced. I dunno. Anyway I am fairly good with a sodering iron, I'm just not sure what to solder the wire to? The wall of the tube or just anywhere inside it or what??
From the picture you have posted it is a bit difficult to see exactly what is damaged, however, if the lead from the capacitor is damaged then you can replace the capacitor by simply matching the voltage and uf rating.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thanks for all the help. I was able to purchase another capacitor from radioshack and replaced it and it sounds great!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for all the help. I was able to purchase another capacitor from radioshack and replaced it and it sounds great!
Glad I could help. Enjoy your time on the water.