Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 09:53 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Jon.Stivers is on a distinguished road
Default Hello World

Greetings,

Recently purchased a 1995 Mitsubishi 300GT SL Spyder. Working on a new NAV/audio system install. Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT head uint. Pioneer TS-D1720C front speakers and TS-D6902R rear speakers powered by a GM-D9500F 4-channel amp. My problem is the Spyder is VERY limited on space for any sort of bass set-up. Since the back seat is essentially useless, I'm considering using the "footwell" area between the front and rear seats to install one or more 6.5" Bazooka tubes. Hoping these forums can provide more insight than I can gleen from the Bazooka web site. Amplified, passive, dual tube passive 4 Ohm, 8 Ohm - Oh-my, so confused...

Seeking recommendations for a setup. I'm thinking two tubes facing out towards the side of the car powered by a Pioneer GM-D8500M Mono amp. Looking for a set-up where I can quickly disconnect the speakers in the rare event someone may need to use the back seats. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

Thx,

J