Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Customer Service

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cardo 8 ATL is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 HELP with ELA150.1 amplifier

Hi everyone, I have recently installed a used ELA150.1 amp in my truck.

The wiring came from an old setup so everything was set up properly.

I am getting the red light warning on the amp. I am positive that the wires are connected correctly. Could it be a grounding issue? I've had my setup for about 10 years with almost no problems, but my 10-year old amp died. I am also positive that the old amp was faulty and the connections are in good shap

So after I failed at getting a good connection a few days ago, the following day I started my truck up and the amp worked for about 5 solid minutes. Thought all was good and then it went back to the red light, no output.

I have cleaned my connections on my battery and the fuses are good.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Old 12-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HELP with ELA150.1 amplifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardo 8 ATL View Post
Hi everyone, I have recently installed a used ELA150.1 amp in my truck.

The wiring came from an old setup so everything was set up properly.

I am getting the red light warning on the amp. I am positive that the wires are connected correctly. Could it be a grounding issue? I've had my setup for about 10 years with almost no problems, but my 10-year old amp died. I am also positive that the old amp was faulty and the connections are in good shap

So after I failed at getting a good connection a few days ago, the following day I started my truck up and the amp worked for about 5 solid minutes. Thought all was good and then it went back to the red light, no output.

I have cleaned my connections on my battery and the fuses are good.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum Cardo 8 ATL. Be sure to check your speaker wires for a direct short. This will turn the amplifier off until the problem is corrected. If you are using High Level Inputs be sure to check these wires as well. Since the red warning light is on, your ground is adequate, however, checking your ground using a multi-meter is never a bad idea when trouble shooting (you should have zero resistance at ground). Please post back with anymore questions you may have.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Just Gettin Started

reghz is on a distinguished road
Default hello evveryone

I'm new here< and I have a question if i can use the lighter socket of my car as a source to power up my bazooka 10" subwoofer tube? thanks in advance
Old 12-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: hello evveryone

Quote:
Originally Posted by reghz View Post
I'm new here< and I have a question if i can use the lighter socket of my car as a source to power up my bazooka 10" subwoofer tube? thanks in advance
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum reghz. Installing a Bazooka properly is always going to ensure the best performance and safest install. If you have a BTAXX100, ELA, or TA850, you can use the FAST Harness and adapter to simplify the install. If you are using any other amplified Bazooka Tube you have to connect to the positive terminal of the battery. Please post back with anymore questions you may have.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Just Gettin Started

reghz is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Re: HELP with ELA150.1 amplifier

Thanks about last tym, I have another question what amphere of fuse should I use in my BTA10100FHC subwoofer tube?
Old 12-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: HELP with ELA150.1 amplifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by reghz View Post
Thanks about last tym, I have another question what amphere of fuse should I use in my BTA10100FHC subwoofer tube?
You need a 7.5 amp fuse.
reghz (12-28-2009)