Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 09-20-2014, 12:18 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
jrcbtst is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 is RCA sound quality same a rear speaker wire tap?

hi there,, heavyduty,, i just have a few questions,, i installed a bta850fh and i tapped the rear speakers,,
1) im just wondering if there will be a difference in sound quality if hook the rca instead? because im using a jvc r430 head unit with 2.5v rca connection in the back,, just wondering if its worth changing from rear speaker tap to rca connection?

2) do i need some low output converter is i tapped the rear speakers?

3) and im not sure if its just me or my bazooka sounds a bit muddy? any recommendations about the subwoofer level and head unit equalizer settings? im not familiar with the 80hz/100hz/120hz stuff,, thanks

4) is there a difference between tapping front or rear speakers?

thanks!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: is RCA sound quality same a rear speaker wire tap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcbtst View Post
hi there,, heavyduty,, i just have a few questions,, i installed a bta850fh and i tapped the rear speakers,,
1) im just wondering if there will be a difference in sound quality if hook the rca instead? because im using a jvc r430 head unit with 2.5v rca connection in the back,, just wondering if its worth changing from rear speaker tap to rca connection?

2) do i need some low output converter is i tapped the rear speakers?

3) and im not sure if its just me or my bazooka sounds a bit muddy? any recommendations about the subwoofer level and head unit equalizer settings? im not familiar with the 80hz/100hz/120hz stuff,, thanks

4) is there a difference between tapping front or rear speakers?

thanks!!!
No, there will not be a gain in sound quality, in fact, there will most likely be a loss due to the 2.5v of the low level. Using high level outputs is using a VERIFIED high voltage signal, the higher the signal/voltage, the better for the 850FH.

No, the Tube has built in Line Output Converters, save your money.

The Tube has built in subsonic and low pass crossovers. The sound quality is most likely a result of improper mounting or location of the Tube. Shoving the woofer end of the Tube towards the corner of the vehicle will always tighten up the output.

Only if there is a size difference of the speakers, and if you fade to the front. Fading to the front will reduce voltage to the rear speakers, and decrease volume. Connecting to a smaller speaker may limit the bass information there is to reproduce.
Geneh (09-23-2014)

Tags
bta850fh, equalizer settings, front, rca, rear