Notices

Old 06-04-2015, 12:40 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
electricsmooth is on a distinguished road
Default BTA8100 install problems!

Hi everyone,

I picked up a used BTA8100 and got down to work. After finishing the install, I waited for the moment of truth but to my surprise-nothing!At first I thought I got ripped off but then realized that my fuse had blown (7.5A). I checked all my connections and everything looked good so I replaced it and that one went too.

I'm using 10 gauge power cable which I crimped onto the stock power wiring. I also crimped a 10 gauge ground cable to the stock ground wiring and found a nice grounding spot (a bolt that holds down the rear seats to the floor). I sanded down any paint that was there.

I checked and rechecked up and down from the deck to the trunk and there doesn't appear to be any naked wire touching anything.

So, I just started reading the instructions I downloaded today and found out that I have to remove the quick disconnect yellow jumper loop cable. Would this have caused the fuse going repeatedly? I can't test it out because I'm all out of the fuses.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Just Gettin Started

jamull2852 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BTA8100 install problems!

I just installed a 8" 100 also. Install went easy, hiding the wires is the hard part. My problem is that I barely hear any bass. When listening too the FM radio I only heard bass on one song. Not sure if the FM radio will be any different as far as sound but thought I should hear a little something. I have the green light, and also can feel the sub vibrating but like I said only actually hit for one song, the other songs I heard my front door speakers bass over the tube, so I have a little trouble shooting to do, hopefully something isn't right bc if this is the only bass out of it then I'm not to happy. I'm waiting on my iPod connector to come in the mail today and will see if that's a difference.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:33 PM
Just Gettin Started

electricsmooth is on a distinguished road

So, there are no issues with the wire. It is not shorting out on anything.

The fuse blows every time I connect to the subwoofer. I've removed the jumper. I'm assuming the amp must be toast?
Old 06-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Geneh has a spectacular aura aboutGeneh has a spectacular aura about

You are correct, if the fuse only blows when you plug the 14 pin molex connector in. Then yes it is a bad amp

Q u o t e s:
To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer. Farmers' Almanac, 1978