Notices

Old 09-23-2014, 08:09 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Doogiept is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Hoping someone can help me

Greetings everyone !!
i recently purchased a BTA6250D to replace the crappy stock subwoofer in my 2013 Honda Ridgeline. I have wired it as per supplied wiring diagrams but have an issue with it not powering on or amplifying properly. Red 12 gauge to the battery and a solid ground point on the body for black wire. We have tried various wiring positions as suggested for the orange remote wire and have tested with a meter that the sub is getting the required 12V. I used the green high level inputs and tied into the inputs from the stock HU which are dedicated to the stock sub.
When the ignition is turned to the ON position and also once the engine is started the green light of the bazooka is on an and you can hear/feel a slight pulse in the sub, but it doesn't amplify the signal. However, if the wiring harness is disconnected from he sub and plugged back in when the green light is on, it works. (and sounds great BTW). I can't seem to make sense of why it would come on when the harness is disconnected and plugged in again, but won't turn on with the vehicle ?????
Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm very confused .
Thanks
Old 09-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hoping someone can help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogiept View Post
Greetings everyone !!
i recently purchased a BTA6250D to replace the crappy stock subwoofer in my 2013 Honda Ridgeline. I have wired it as per supplied wiring diagrams but have an issue with it not powering on or amplifying properly. Red 12 gauge to the battery and a solid ground point on the body for black wire. We have tried various wiring positions as suggested for the orange remote wire and have tested with a meter that the sub is getting the required 12V. I used the green high level inputs and tied into the inputs from the stock HU which are dedicated to the stock sub.
When the ignition is turned to the ON position and also once the engine is started the green light of the bazooka is on an and you can hear/feel a slight pulse in the sub, but it doesn't amplify the signal. However, if the wiring harness is disconnected from he sub and plugged back in when the green light is on, it works. (and sounds great BTW). I can't seem to make sense of why it would come on when the harness is disconnected and plugged in again, but won't turn on with the vehicle ?????
Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm very confused .
Thanks
This may very well be an impedance issue. The fix is to install an LOC into factory subwoofer leads.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:14 AM
Just Gettin Started

Sorry for my ignorance. What is an LOC?
Old 09-23-2014, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Sorry for my ignorance. What is an LOC?
No apologies needed. No one should ever give you a hard time for asking a valid question, especially if you are geniunely interested in learning. A LOC is a Line Output Converter. It takes the high level line you are using, and converts it to a low level output, think RCA. It also allows these connections to take place without changing the impedance that the factory headunit or amplifier will see.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Just Gettin Started

So if I understand correctly, is it that when the key is turned on the output level is too high for the sub and it kicks out but when the harness is disconnected and then plugged back in this doesn't happen? My brain needs to make sense of this or I won't sleep !!
It is true than when you run into problems you learn more. Thanks for the help
Old 09-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
So if I understand correctly, is it that when the key is turned on the output level is too high for the sub and it kicks out but when the harness is disconnected and then plugged back in this doesn't happen? My brain needs to make sense of this or I won't sleep !!
It is true than when you run into problems you learn more. Thanks for the help
No, that is not what happens. When the Tube is connected, and the vehicles system is turned on, the audio system is sensing an impedance issue with the subwoofer. As such, the system intially turns on, and then off, which is why no music plays. However, by unplugging the Tube, then turning the system on and plugging the Tube back in, the Tube starts playing (if I am following correctly). This is all indicative of the sensing circuit of the amplifier "seeing" an impedance issue, thus preventing playing or start up.
Geneh (09-23-2014)
Old 09-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Just Gettin Started

Ok, got it. Once I put the LOC on the inputs to the sub will it change the sub output/ volume relative to the door speakers without LOCs?
Old 09-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Just Gettin Started

Ok

Just to be sure I explained correctly, once I turn the key on or start the vehicle the green light always stays on but other than the initial pulse no sound from sub, but without turning vehicle off I unplug harness and reconnect and it works

I will ray the LOCK and go from there

Thanks again

D

Tags
bta6250, install problems, power issues