Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Hook me up!

Notices

Old 04-26-2009, 12:48 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
RockenRod is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 BTA6100 F.A.S.T connection

I have a BTA6100, I got a F.A.S.T universal kit with the additional extension kit to hook up the sub. What I notice is the kit and the extension are a smaller wire gage and also the power wire does not go to the battery. Also the power cable is run along with the amp inputs. Should I wire it my self or use the F.A.S.T kit as is???
Old 04-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BTA6100 F.A.S.T connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockenRod View Post
I have a BTA6100, I got a F.A.S.T universal kit with the additional extension kit to hook up the sub. What I notice is the kit and the extension are a smaller wire gage and also the power wire does not go to the battery. Also the power cable is run along with the amp inputs. Should I wire it my self or use the F.A.S.T kit as is???
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum RockenRod. Have no fear, the FAST Harness is perfectly designed for the BTA6100. The current draw is minimal, which is why you don't have to connect to the battery. The FAST easily plugs into the factory stereo harness to get the 12v power and 12v key-on/key-off and the signal for the Tube. You don't have to worry about any noise from the power cable, as again, the current draw is minimal, therefore you will have no introduced noise into the system. Plug the FAST Harness in, position the Tube properly, make a secure ground, and start ROCKEN!
Geneh (04-27-2009), RockenRod (04-26-2009)
Old 04-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Just Gettin Started

Thank you for the info. I will give it a try.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thank you for the info. I will give it a try.
This is what the Bazooka Forum is for Rod. Have no fear or worries about the FAST system. Again, there will be no introduced noise into the system. When connecting to the battery of your vehicle, you will then want to keep the power wire seperate, as the current draw is higher, not to mention, the battery itself acts much like a noise filter for the alternator and you car's electrical system. Also remember, using Low Level Inputs, you usually have a very low voltage, 2-4 volts. There is a reason that Line Drivers have become popular, and it is because you are raising the voltage to 6,8, even 10 volts sometimes, which allows your Low Level Interconnects to reject noise. With the FAST, you are using the High Level Inputs of the Tube, by tapping into the speaker outputs. What this means is that you are sending a High Voltage Signal to the Tube, and remember, this rejects noise. Coupled with the minimal current draw on the BTA6100, and you will have no noise introduced into the system.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Just Gettin Started

Hi heavyduty,
You have me confused. It sounds like in the first post you say it is OK to run the 12 volt power cable in the wire harness with the rest of the wires. Then in the last post you mention "When connecting to the battery of your vehicle, you will then want to keep the power wire separate..." So, should I run my own power wire, separate, or use the power wire that comes as part of the FAST harness??
Old 04-27-2009, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hi heavyduty,
You have me confused. It sounds like in the first post you say it is OK to run the 12 volt power cable in the wire harness with the rest of the wires. Then in the last post you mention "When connecting to the battery of your vehicle, you will then want to keep the power wire separate..." So, should I run my own power wire, separate, or use the power wire that comes as part of the FAST harness??
No, it is not necessary for you to run a seperate power wire, period. Again, the power draw in the entire BTA100 line has a low current draw, very low, minimal. You have obviously read or heard somewhere that power wires (when connected to the battery) have to be run away from any signal wires. The second post was explaining why. When connecting a component to a battery, it usually means there is a high current draw, so again, the second post was explaining why it is necessary to keep these seperate. If you also read the post, you read where I compared Low Level and High Level signals, and why the higher the voltage, the better at rejecting noise. Now, let's exam your situation again, a low current draw, and a High Level Signal. The current draw of the BTA6100 you have has no higher of a current draw then your factory stereo and that power wire is run in the same harness as the rest of your speaker wires, so without adding the Bazooka, is there any introduced noise in your system now? No, because of all of these facts that I have posted. Again, there is absolutely no reason for you to have any fear in using the BTA6100 and the FAST System. This is a well designed system that works, and works well, period. If you have anymore questions or are still confused please post back.
RockenRod (04-27-2009)
Old 04-27-2009, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hi heavyduty,
I should have been clearer in this post as to what I was comparing, I apologize for that Rod. I was comparing high current draw components, such as amplifers, say the 3, BA2150HC I have. These amplifers are fused with dual 30 amp fuses (for a total of 180 amp current draw), so I have no choice but to run the power wire seperate in this case, because of this high current draw, there is a greater chance of introducing noise into the system. In your case, or the case of anyone using the FAST System (which is compatible with only the BTA100 line) the current draw is very minimal, no greater then the factory stereo, so you will have no problem with the install, as you will be getting your power from the same point in the car's fuse box. If you look at any of the other amplified Bazooka Tubes, the current draw is much higher then the BTA100 line and ARE NOT compatible with the FAST System, for the reason's that you and I have already spoken about before. Again, the guru's at Bazooka have done their job with the FAST System and the BTA100 Tubes. In fact, this is the same setup that Toyota uses in their vehicles that have the optional Bazooka subwoofer installed from the factory. Please post back with anymore questions you have and again, I apologize for not being clearer with regards to the last post.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Just Gettin Started

Thanks again for clearing it up!!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks again for clearing it up!!
No problem at all Rod. Again, I am sorry for any confusion I may have caused. Please post back with anymore questions you may have or any you may have during the install. Once you have your install complete, please post back and let us know what you think. The BTA6100 will be a very musical addition to your existing stereo.
Geneh (04-27-2009)