Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Introductions

Notices

Old 04-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
BRCG is on a distinguished road
Default First Bazooka

Hello everyone, just received and installed my first Bazooka in my FJ Cruiser. Unfortunately it's dead on arrival.

Hopefully I'll get some help here to fix it. Already found someone that had the same problem recently.

BRCG
Old 04-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: First Bazooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCG View Post
Hello everyone, just received and installed my first Bazooka in my FJ Cruiser. Unfortunately it's dead on arrival.

Hopefully I'll get some help here to fix it. Already found someone that had the same problem recently.

BRCG
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum BRCG. Let's see if we can do a bit of troubleshooting to get your Tube working. But first, please fill out the warranty registration, here is the online link. By doing so, if the Tube does have to be sent in, it's covered.

http://www.bazooka.com/warranty

Can you please tell me what color wire your are using on the quick disconnect, blue or red? Also, have you checked the phase switch on the rear of the Tube?
BRCG (04-27-2009)
Old 04-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Just Gettin Started

BRCG is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the assistance. Warranty registration complete.

I've tried both red and blue control wires in combination with both phase switch positions. The 20 amp car fuse for the subwoofer is good. I've verified power is being provided to the Bazooka kit harness as well. The ground is connected properly, all verified with a digital volt meter.

Did I miss anything?
Old 04-28-2009, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCG View Post
Thanks for the assistance. Warranty registration complete.

I've tried both red and blue control wires in combination with both phase switch positions. The 20 amp car fuse for the subwoofer is good. I've verified power is being provided to the Bazooka kit harness as well. The ground is connected properly, all verified with a digital volt meter.

Did I miss anything?
BRCG, from the sounds of it, you have checked everything that needs to be checked. It just sounds as if you have a bad Tube, which does not happen often, but it does happen. Since you have already gone through all of the installation, I would suggest you call Customer Service (1-800-THE-TUBE). They can issue a Return Authorization label for you so you can ship the Tube in for diagnostics, and either a repair or a new unit. At least this way, you don't have to worry about having to go through all of the trouble of undoing all of the work you have already done.
Geneh (04-28-2009)