Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 03-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
socalrat is on a distinguished road
Default FJ Cruiser - TMS8A-FJ-HK to mount SM8A-HP?

I have a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I'm already convinced I want to use a Bazooka. I know there is a FJ Cruiser specific sub tube, the TMSA-HP-FJ, which includes the adapter plate and wiring adapter.
But I bought the FJ so I could haul the dog and go off road and just spray out the rear compartment. I want a marine certified subwoofer. I'm wondering if the SM8A-HP is similar enough (the same size and mounting points?) as the TMSA-HP-FJ so that I can purchase the mounting plate and (hopefully) the wiring adapter and use the SM8A-HP instead?
I'm really happy to see there is a product specific for my vechicle, but I'm positive I'm not the first person who wanted a marine-certified version instead. Any help would appreciated (and getting it in the standard black or x-line finish wou,ld be even better!).

thanks in advance for any help.

gb3
Old 03-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FJ Cruiser - TMS8A-FJ-HK to mount SM8A-HP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalrat View Post
I have a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. I'm already convinced I want to use a Bazooka. I know there is a FJ Cruiser specific sub tube, the TMSA-HP-FJ, which includes the adapter plate and wiring adapter.
But I bought the FJ so I could haul the dog and go off road and just spray out the rear compartment. I want a marine certified subwoofer. I'm wondering if the SM8A-HP is similar enough (the same size and mounting points?) as the TMSA-HP-FJ so that I can purchase the mounting plate and (hopefully) the wiring adapter and use the SM8A-HP instead?
I'm really happy to see there is a product specific for my vechicle, but I'm positive I'm not the first person who wanted a marine-certified version instead. Any help would appreciated (and getting it in the standard black or x-line finish wou,ld be even better!).

thanks in advance for any help.

gb3
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum socalrat. Your already one step ahead in the right direction by choosing Bazooka. You will need to call Customer Service on Monday (1-800-THE-TUBE) to inquire about using a MBTA8100 for your FJ Cruiser. They will also be able to answer your questions pertaining to the correct harness and the brackets needed for the installation. Please post back with anymore questions you may have.

Here is a link to the MBTA8100;

http://www.bazooka.com/products/mari...fied-Tube-P112
Old 03-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Just Gettin Started

socalrat is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the note back. I'm aware the SM8A-HP has been replaced/upgraded, but I can get the SM8A-HP cheaper.

And I figured Customer Service might be able to answer the question, but I was hoping that I could get the answer via the Web.

thanks again.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalrat View Post
Thanks for the note back. I'm aware the SM8A-HP has been replaced/upgraded, but I can get the SM8A-HP cheaper.

And I figured Customer Service might be able to answer the question, but I was hoping that I could get the answer via the Web.

thanks again.
socalrat, you can certainly use the SM8A-HP for your install, but that unit cannot be used with the FJ Harness (included with the TMS8A-HP-FJ). This doesn't mean you can't use the unit, it just means your installation will include running a fused power wire from the positive post of the battery, a turn-on wire and your High Level Inputs from your front speakers. Again, get with Customer Service tomorrow and they can further assist you.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Geneh has a spectacular aura aboutGeneh has a spectacular aura about

You can use the MBTA8100. You will also need the FJ mounting kit.

Q u o t e s:
To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer. Farmers' Almanac, 1978

Tags
marine, tmsa-fj-hk