Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Hook me up!

Notices

Old 03-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
cnadianut is on a distinguished road
Default Just got a BTA6200 and have a connection question.

Hey boys i have a question here. I am installing a BTA6200 in a 2007 Ford Edge. It comes with a factory installed subwoofer in the rear that is already run through a crossover in the head unit. What i need to know is can i connect the bazooka tube to the high level inputs or do i need to connect to the speakers in the back doors. I would rather use the subwoofer connection due to convienience.
thanks
Old 03-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Just got a BTA6200 and have a connection question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnadianut View Post
Hey boys i have a question here. I am installing a BTA6200 in a 2007 Ford Edge. It comes with a factory installed subwoofer in the rear that is already run through a crossover in the head unit. What i need to know is can i connect the bazooka tube to the high level inputs or do i need to connect to the speakers in the back doors. I would rather use the subwoofer connection due to convienience.
thanks
Please see my welcome in the Introductions Thread. Let me ask you a few questions before you proceed with your install, if you don't mind. Are you planning on disabling the factory installed subwoofer, or do you want to add the BTA6200 in additon to the factory subwoofer?
Old 03-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thanks for the warm welcome. I really hadn't really thought about that. I was hoping to see what the bt6200 could put out before i cut off the factory sub. I am looking for the easiest intall.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
Please see my welcome in the Introductions Thread. Let me ask you a few questions before you proceed with your install, if you don't mind. Are you planning on disabling the factory installed subwoofer, or do you want to add the BTA6200 in additon to the factory subwoofer?
Old 03-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thanks for the warm welcome. I really hadn't really thought about that. I was hoping to see what the bt6200 could put out before i cut off the factory sub. I am looking for the easiest intall.
Thanks
cnadianut, I recommend that you use the High Level Inputs of the Bazooka BTA200 and tap into the speakers on your Edge. The factory subwoofer is removed very easily on the Edge, in fact it is held in place by three bolts. You will then simply disconnect the enclosure. While others may recommend that you purchase a LOC (Line Output Converter) and use the factory amplifier as your Low Level Output, this is simply a waste of money. The Bazooka BTA200's High Level Inputs are Line Output Converters, so why purchase another component you already have and don't need? Secondly, the BTA200 has seperate gain and crossover controls that will allow you to tailor the Tube to what you think sounds best. There would only be one remaining thing I would recommend that you purchase, and that is the RBCM-RS. This will allow you to tune the response whenever you would like from the driver's seat. Just pick a convinent location to mount the unit and fine tune away. Please post back with anymore questions or thoughts you may have.

Below is a link where you can read up on the unit.

http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobi...00-Series-P212
Geneh (03-02-2009)
Old 03-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thank You Re: Just got a BTA6200 and have a connection question.

So let me be sure i am correct here. I can just disconnect the lines from my factory subwoofer and connect them directly to the high level input? or did you mean i should tap into one of the door speakers?

Quote:
cnadianut, I recommend that you use the High Level Inputs of the Bazooka BTA200 and tap into the speakers on your Edge. The factory subwoofer is removed very easily on the Edge, in fact it is held in place by three bolts. You will then simply disconnect the enclosure. While others may recommend that you purchase a LOC (Line Output Converter) and use the factory amplifier as your Low Level Output, this is simply a waste of money. The Bazooka BTA200's High Level Inputs are Line Output Converters, so why purchase another component you already have and don't need? Secondly, the BTA200 has seperate gain and crossover controls that will allow you to tailor the Tube to what you think sounds best. There would only be one remaining thing I would recommend that you purchase, and that is the RBCM-RS. This will allow you to tune the response whenever you would like from the driver's seat. Just pick a convinent location to mount the unit and fine tune away. Please post back with anymore questions or thoughts you may have.

Below is a link where you can read up on the unit.

http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobi...00-Series-P212
Old 03-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
So let me be sure i am correct here. I can just disconnect the lines from my factory subwoofer and connect them directly to the high level input? or did you mean i should tap into one of the door speakers?
You will need to tap into one of the door speakers, and connect to the Bazooka's High Level Input.
cnadianut (03-02-2009)
Old 03-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
And just to be absolutely clear on this, you will need to tap into both of the door speakers. You should be able to find the harness with the speaker wires with relative ease. If you feel like this is way too much for you to handle, or you have no desire to do any of this, look for a Authorized Bazooka Dealer in your area. Please post back with anymore questions you may have.
Geneh (03-03-2009)
Old 03-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Just Gettin Started

Hey thanks for all of your help. I figured since I picked up the unit for $80 Canadian I could spend the money and have the wires ran. I did what you said and had them run wires from the high level at the head unit to the bazooka along with the remote power line. I also had them run a RCA line in case I would like to upgrade the head unit in the future. I also left the factory installed sub connected but am planning on replacing with something aftermarket. If bazooka has a sub to work i would definatlt try it. Please let me know if I am allowed to mention the place that did the work in Mississauga Ontario they did great work all for $100. They even installed the tube and tuned it for me. Future shop wanted $80.00 for the install of the wiring kit and $49.99 for the install and they wouldn't even touch the tube.

Anyway if you recall when I first posted your welcome said something along the lines of be prepared to be impressed? Well that was putting it mildly. I am absolultly blown away by the performance of this tube. After they installed and were tuning it I was in the waiting room with a buddy. He said wow that car pounds we got up to look and to our amazement there it was a tiny little thing just putting out just an amazing amount of bass for it's size. Needless to say we were both very impressed and my girlfriend just loves it.
Thanks a bunch for all your help. You taught me very much not just about bazooka systems but systems in general.
Thanks for everythin. Happy pounding. I have set this site as a favorite. :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to cnadianut For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (03-03-2009)
Old 03-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hey thanks for all of your help. I figured since I picked up the unit for $80 Canadian I could spend the money and have the wires ran. I did what you said and had them run wires from the high level at the head unit to the bazooka along with the remote power line. I also had them run a RCA line in case I would like to upgrade the head unit in the future. I also left the factory installed sub connected but am planning on replacing with something aftermarket. If bazooka has a sub to work i would definatlt try it. Please let me know if I am allowed to mention the place that did the work in Mississauga Ontario they did great work all for $100. They even installed the tube and tuned it for me. Future shop wanted $80.00 for the install of the wiring kit and $49.99 for the install and they wouldn't even touch the tube.

Anyway if you recall when I first posted your welcome said something along the lines of be prepared to be impressed? Well that was putting it mildly. I am absolultly blown away by the performance of this tube. After they installed and were tuning it I was in the waiting room with a buddy. He said wow that car pounds we got up to look and to our amazement there it was a tiny little thing just putting out just an amazing amount of bass for it's size. Needless to say we were both very impressed and my girlfriend just loves it.
Thanks a bunch for all your help. You taught me very much not just about bazooka systems but systems in general.
Thanks for everythin. Happy pounding. I have set this site as a favorite. :-)
cnadianut, thank you for the great post and testament to how great of a product the Bazooka Bass Tube is, it is simply the best product on the market, period. 25 years and still thumping!! I was more than happy to help you with your questions, this is what the Bazooka Forum is for, helping members with their installs or any questions they may have with their Bazooka products. Please feel free to post the name of the shop that did the install, I'm sure they would appreciate it and your fellow Canadian's would also like a head's up. Check in the Bazooka online store for a replacement subwoofer for your factory enclosure.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Just Gettin Started

It funny you say 25 years because the shop that did the install is having his 27th aniversary and was talking about when the first bazooka's came out. I figured he might know a thing or two.
Anyway here is the contact info for his shop.

"BIG PETE CAN'T BE BEAT" LOL

The shop is called:

Audio Automation
1310 Dundas St. E
Unit 15 (Drive Around Building)
Miss, Ont.
L4C 2C1
www.bigpete.ca
And you guessed it Ask for Pete.

The guys are really nice there and if you have been following this post it is obvious i don't work there. LOL.
I know Pete loves the product also because he has one in his truck too.

Thanks again HEAVY and PETE I'm sure i will be speaking to the both of you when i change the factory SUB out.

Cheers boys.

Quote:
cnadianut, thank you for the great post and testament to how great of a product the Bazooka Bass Tube is, it is simply the best product on the market, period. 25 years and still thumping!! I was more than happy to help you with your questions, this is what the Bazooka Forum is for, helping members with their installs or any questions they may have with their Bazooka products. Please feel free to post the name of the shop that did the install, I'm sure they would appreciate it and your fellow Canadian's would also like a head's up. Check in the Bazooka online store for a replacement subwoofer for your factory enclosure.
The Following User Says Thank You to cnadianut For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (03-04-2009)