Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Raw Woofers

Notices

Old 11-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
RubiCrawlerLJ is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Specs for 6" 2 OHM woofer WF621.5DV

I am unable to find specifications for model number WF621.5DV. It is a 6" dual voice coil 2 ohm woofer. I am looking:
Freq. response
Freq. resonance
Sensitivity
RMS power
dimensions

TIA
Old 11-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Specs for 6" 2 OHM woofer WF621.5DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCrawlerLJ View Post
I am unable to find specifications for model number WF621.5DV. It is a 6" dual voice coil 2 ohm woofer. I am looking:
Freq. response
Freq. resonance
Sensitivity
RMS power
dimensions

TIA
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum RubiCrawler. It is company policy for Bazooka not to give out detailed Theile-Small specifications for these subwoofers, as these subwoofers are specific to the Bazooka Tubes. If you are not using this subwoofer as a replacement for an older Tube, then I suggest that you stay with a vented enclosure as this is what the subwoofers were designed for. If you PM Geneh he can help you with enclosure volume and vent length for that driver, or if you prefer, you can also call Bazooka on Monday (1-800-THE-TUBE) and ask to speak with Gene in the Tech Department.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:28 AM
Just Gettin Started

RubiCrawlerLJ is on a distinguished road
Thank You Re: Specs for 6" 2 OHM woofer WF621.5DV

Thanks for the prompt response even though you cannot answer any of my questions.

For the record, I was looking to replace my 2005 Jeep Wrangler's 6.5" factory (AC Delco garbage) subwoofer mounted in the center console. Since I am not one for throwing away hard earned money, I thought that I could get some specifications from the manufacturer before purchase.

Oh well, back to the drawing board!

And no installing an external (AKA easily stolen) subwoofer unit is not an option on a soft top. On a previous Jeep I already had a moron smash a side window for a $39 CB radio.

Last edited by RubiCrawlerLJ; 11-10-2008 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Add. info
Old 11-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCrawlerLJ View Post
Thanks for the prompt response even though you cannot answer any of my questions.

For the record, I was looking to replace my 2005 Jeep Wrangler's 6.5" factory (AC Delco garbage) subwoofer mounted in the center console. Since I am not one for throwing away hard earned money, I thought that I could get some specifications from the manufacturer before purchase.

Oh well, back to the drawing board!

And no installing an external (AKA easily stolen) subwoofer unit is not an option on a soft top. On a previous Jeep I already had a moron smash a side window for a $39 CB radio.
Hey RubiCrawler, please call Gene at 1-800-THE-TUBE before you go back to the drawing board. Just tell him what you are trying to accomplish and he will be able to tell you for certain if this is a viable option for you. And I understand about vehicle security, I had a Mustang Convertible broken into before. I would rather have the thieves ask me for the keys instead of cutting through the vinyl top and destroying the carriage.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Just Gettin Started

snook152 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
Hey RubiCrawler, please call Gene at 1-800-THE-TUBE before you go back to the drawing board. Just tell him what you are trying to accomplish and he will be able to tell you for certain if this is a viable option for you. And I understand about vehicle security, I had a Mustang Convertible broken into before. I would rather have the thieves ask me for the keys instead of cutting through the vinyl top and destroying the carriage.
I'm in the same sit. '04 jeep wrangler rubicon factory sub died thought this would be a good replacement went ahead and ordered it then noticed it's 1.6 inches deeper than oem trying to cancel order and start searching again
Old 03-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Just Gettin Started

Russell123 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Specs for 6" 2 OHM woofer WF621.5DV

Hi
to all my friends hope all will be fine I recently join you and hope you will enjoy the my company and knowledge about the topic.
Thanks
Russell
God bless you
Old 05-24-2010, 03:46 AM
Just Gettin Started

smithlanger1 is on a distinguished road

sounds good to me
Old 05-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Just Gettin Started

cool94 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snook152 View Post
I'm in the same sit. '04 jeep wrangler rubicon factory sub died thought this would be a good replacement went ahead and ordered it then noticed it's 1.6 inches deeper than oem trying to cancel order and start searching again
snook, you can easily dremel/cut out that excess plastic in the back of the chamber. In fact you almost have to with most any replacement woofers.

Rubicrawler I hope it goes well. I have an 05 wrangler with the center console out and would be looking to replace it as well. Can you let us know how it goes??? This speaker is an odd one. Adding stuff in our jeeps is hard to make it stealthy cause there is precious little room!
The Following User Says Thank You to cool94 For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (05-29-2010)