Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Raw Woofers

Notices

Old 02-20-2009, 08:06 AM
President

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kingfish will become famous soon enoughKingfish will become famous soon enough
Help 0003 OEM Replacement Woofers

We seem to be selling alot of 6" replacement tube woofers to replace the OEM stock woofers in the Jeep Wrangler, as well as, some TransAms, and BMWs. We decided to create this thread as a resource where you guys could post known OEM woofer applications where our woofers will fit. Please be specific with the vehicles Make, Model, and Year. But, color doesn't matter!

Thanks,
KF

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingfish For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (02-20-2009), rainmanspl (02-20-2009)
Old 03-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Just Gettin Started

wranglerguy77 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OEM Replacement Woofers

I have used your bazooka tubes before and love them. I need to replace the stock sub in my Jeep Wrangler. What sub has everyone been buying?? Is it the 6 inch dual voice coil one?? Plus are they wiring it the same as the stock one or how are they doing it?? Any info would be great!!
Old 03-24-2009, 07:27 AM
President

Kingfish will become famous soon enoughKingfish will become famous soon enough

WG,
Yes, it appears to be the DVC 6"; however, I have no idea how it is being wired into the stock system. Hopefully, someone will post an answer to that question for you.

KF

Old 03-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerguy77 View Post
I have used your bazooka tubes before and love them. I need to replace the stock sub in my Jeep Wrangler. What sub has everyone been buying?? Is it the 6 inch dual voice coil one?? Plus are they wiring it the same as the stock one or how are they doing it?? Any info would be great!!
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum wranglerguy. There are several 6" replacement subwoofers for you to choose from, including the DVC 6". Assuming your factory speaker is 4 ohm, (you will want to verify this with a DMM or look for a stamping on the basket or magnet) you will want to choose the WF681.5 DV, which is a dual 8 ohm voice coil. You will then want to make a pair of jumper wires and connect positive to positive and negative to negative from one of the terminals to the other terminal. This will result in a total impedance of 4 ohms. If you find that your factory subwoofer is a different imepedance just post back and we can point you in the right direction. If you have anymore questions or thoughts just post back.

http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobi...----------P267
Old 03-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Just Gettin Started

wranglerguy77 is on a distinguished road

Well I did my research on this the amp ohm output is 1 ohm. So i bought the 2 ohm sub. ill inform on how it turns out.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerguy77 View Post
Well I did my research on this the amp ohm output is 1 ohm. So i bought the 2 ohm sub. ill inform on how it turns out.
wranglerguy, if your factory subwoofer is 1 ohm impedance, this link will take you to a 2 ohm DVC. By wiring the voice coils in parallel you can achieve a 1 ohm load.

http://store.bazooka.com/WF6215DV-6-...ofer-P261.aspx
Old 06-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Just Gettin Started

gus33 is on a distinguished road

I also need a replacement for a Jeep Wrangler. There are no markings on the factory speaker to indicate the impedance. The factory does have 2 sets of wires feeding the dual voice coil speaker. Left & right channel I assume. If the new speaker connections are paralleled, how do you hook up right & left? Also is measuring resistance across the + and - on the speaker the correct way to determine impedance( to order a bazooka replacement)?

Thanks,
gus
Old 06-19-2009, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus33 View Post
I also need a replacement for a Jeep Wrangler. There are no markings on the factory speaker to indicate the impedance. The factory does have 2 sets of wires feeding the dual voice coil speaker. Left & right channel I assume. If the new speaker connections are paralleled, how do you hook up right & left? Also is measuring resistance across the + and - on the speaker the correct way to determine impedance( to order a bazooka replacement)?

Thanks,
gus
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum Gus. Yes, the wires are for your left and right channels of the factory woofer. To connect them in parallel, you will match the positive of the left channel with the positive of the right channel, and the negative of the left channel with the negative of the right channel. Yes, you can measure across the terminals to find the nominal impedance of the driver. Just be sure to measure between the terminals individually, or on the same side. Don't be surprised if the impedance does not directly read 2 or 4 ohm. Nominal impedance for a 4 ohm driver is 3.6 ohms. If you have anymore questions, please post back.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Just Gettin Started

gus33 is on a distinguished road

When you say "driver" do you mean to measure the resistance to the wires from the amp or measure across the speaker terminals ( speaker disconnected in both cases) ?

Thanks for the fast response.

gus
Old 06-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus33 View Post
When you say "driver" do you mean to measure the resistance to the wires from the amp or measure across the speaker terminals ( speaker disconnected in both cases) ?

Thanks for the fast response.

gus
Measure across the terminals of the speaker. The terms driver and speaker are interchangeable. Just slide the connector of either side and measure across the speaker terminals and if you still have any questions, please post back.

Tags
oem woofer replacement