Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > General Chat

Notices

Old 03-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
mondotto is on a distinguished road
Default Speaker Brand Advice

I have a 2001 F250 P/U and would like to upgrade the door speakers. I plan to power them with an old ADS 40w a side amp, not a power house amp but I think adequate for my needs and current bank account balance. I have been out of the audio scene for a long time and I am seeking advice on what others like as far as replacements. I do not mind custom fitting if necessary. I will be using these upgrades in conjunction with a set of A-40 Baz. tubes. Any advice on brands, sizes, wiring or other add-ons I may not know about would be appreciated..

Thanks much

Tom
Old 03-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Speaker Brand Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondotto View Post
I have a 2001 F250 P/U and would like to upgrade the door speakers. I plan to power them with an old ADS 40w a side amp, not a power house amp but I think adequate for my needs and current bank account balance. I have been out of the audio scene for a long time and I am seeking advice on what others like as far as replacements. I do not mind custom fitting if necessary. I will be using these upgrades in conjunction with a set of A-40 Baz. tubes. Any advice on brands, sizes, wiring or other add-ons I may not know about would be appreciated..

Thanks much

Tom
Tom, you can never go wrong with a pair of the 5 1/4" RX Components in the Bazooka online store. The EL coaxial's are also a great upgrade.

http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobi...Separates-P174

http://www.bazooka.com/tech/qa/1
Old 03-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Just Gettin Started

jtkbazooka is on a distinguished road

this is a bazooka forum so most would recommend bazooka. for me from what speakers I have heard (not that I'm an expert or lisented to all out there) I like JBL's. just the detail they have esp for instruments such as hearing every note a guitar string makes or a sax sounding like its the real thing playing in your car. had those in my dads tacoma off the factory head unit. the midbass was tight but dident play very low. I've heard other brands like JL,alpine,kicker in other cars and was not impressed... the bazookas are probly good to but i personally have not heard them. I just got a set of Hifonics speakers for my current car... ok but not impressed really (and I think I have a defective set right now) I perfered the JBL's sound better though some people call there sound bright.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:24 PM
BAZOOKA Man

rainmanspl has a spectacular aura aboutrainmanspl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkbazooka View Post
this is a bazooka forum so most would recommend bazooka. for me from what speakers I have heard (not that I'm an expert or lisented to all out there) I like JBL's. just the detail they have esp for instruments such as hearing every note a guitar string makes or a sax sounding like its the real thing playing in your car. had those in my dads tacoma off the factory head unit. the midbass was tight but dident play very low. I've heard other brands like JL,alpine,kicker in other cars and was not impressed... the bazookas are probly good to but i personally have not heard them. I just got a set of Hifonics speakers for my current car... ok but not impressed really (and I think I have a defective set right now) I perfered the JBL's sound better though some people call there sound bright.
I've installed many different brands of equipment in the last 20+ years. I can say I've been impressed with the results from the EL coaxials as well as the RX components. I wasn't expecting the response from the the coaxials to be as clean and precise as they were. I never experienced a failure from them, personally. Actually, I don't recall ever answering a post concerning a failure with the EL coaxials.
"Acoustics is the study of sound; a branch of physics dealing with sound. The law of physics is constantly challenge. Therefore in relation to acoustics; You must study constantly, for you will be constantly challenged." ...... Rainmanspl
Old 03-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Just Gettin Started

jtkbazooka is on a distinguished road

I kinda wish I went with coaxes the Hifonics set I have is eritating me with there crappy sound and big for nothing crossover network. maybe I'll try some EL's later
Old 03-19-2009, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I kinda wish I went with coaxes the Hifonics set I have is eritating me with there crappy sound and big for nothing crossover network. maybe I'll try some EL's later
You can never go wrong with a product that has the Bazooka name on it. Keep in mind that Bazooka has been very successful for over 25 years for a reason; their products work and they work well.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:43 AM
Enthusiast

Location: S.E. LA (That's Louisiana for the geographically challenged)
gearhead is on a distinguished road

If you can find a set of the old Euphonic R series component sets (400R, 525R, 650R), you'll have some of the best ever made, at any price. I've got some EL's in both of my cars and my garage stereo system. They sound good to me, and they're holding up just fine.
Kingfish (03-20-2009)
Old 03-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
If you can find a set of the old Euphonic R series component sets (400R, 525R, 650R), you'll have some of the best ever made, at any price. I've got some EL's in both of my cars and my garage stereo system. They sound good to me, and they're holding up just fine.
Isn't that the truth Gearhead! The Euphonic's set the benchmark for all other components. The Revolver Tweeter was out of this world. Classic Bazooka, listen to your ears.
Kingfish (03-24-2009)
Old 03-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Just Gettin Started

sattv is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have all JBL in my Hummer ...However I am trying Bazooka in my boat
Old 03-25-2009, 01:02 AM
Enthusiast

Location: S.E. LA (That's Louisiana for the geographically challenged)
gearhead is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
Isn't that the truth Gearhead! The Euphonic's set the benchmark for all other components. The Revolver Tweeter was out of this world. Classic Bazooka, listen to your ears.
I've got one set of each (400R, 525R, 650R) brand new, unused, still in the box. Just haven't gotten around to installing them in any of my vehicles yet. Hopefully at least one car (the one with an MA460 already installed) will get them this summer, along with the 250w class D tube.