Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Customer Service

Notices

Old 12-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
rayp4993 is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 I'm missing the two set screws for my amp

I am missing the two set screws for the speaker input ports on my bazooka ela 500.1 mono amp. Any info on where i can obtain these or anything would be great. Also my amp randomly hits real hard once then continues regular bass . If anyone knows whats going on with that, like i said help would be much apreciated.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I'm missing the two set screws for my amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayp4993 View Post
I am missing the two set screws for the speaker input ports on my bazooka ela 500.1 mono amp. Any info on where i can obtain these or anything would be great. Also my amp randomly hits real hard once then continues regular bass . If anyone knows whats going on with that, like i said help would be much apreciated.
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum rayp. You can call Bazooka tomorrow (1-800-THE-TUBE) and ask to speak to the Tech. Department. They may have these set screws on hand or may be able to tell you the size of the set screw, allowing you to go to a hardware store and purchase replacements. As far as your next question, since your missing your set screws now, how are your speaker cables attached to the amp?
Old 12-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thank You Re: I'm missing the two set screws for my amp

well i got two set screws that work and it might have had something to do with the fact that the wires were just stuck in the slot. also i am missing the gain knob so i need to stick pliers in the hole to adjust it. I don't know if that plays a factor in the "random hard hit", my friend said it probably does..
Old 12-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
well i got two set screws that work and it might have had something to do with the fact that the wires were just stuck in the slot. also i am missing the gain knob so i need to stick pliers in the hole to adjust it. I don't know if that plays a factor in the "random hard hit", my friend said it probably does..
I'd say that it is the reason why you are experiencing the randomness with the bass. You are in effect creating a situation where the wires do not make contact with the terminals, or are either causing a extremely high resistance due to an improperly connected terminal, therefore the sudden increase and decrease. And I would also caution about your gain settings, as if you are trying to compensate for the lack of bass from the inadequate connections, you are likely to send the amp into protection mode or worst case scenerio, a meltdown.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Here is a link to the owner's manual in case you do not have one.
http://www.bazooka.com/pdf/current/E...DF%2012904.pdf
Old 12-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thank You Re: I'm missing the two set screws for my amp

Ok thank you.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ok thank you.
No problem rayp. That's what the Bazooka Forum is for, helping people out.