Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Introductions

Notices

Old 11-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hello from the Bay Area, BTA6200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertsAW11 View Post
Good thing I was scared of all of that so I didn't do anything. Let me try and get my friend that is more knowledgeable and psot back, thanks for your help
That is what the forum is for, helping people out. Great, after reading your last post I was worried that you had damaged the amplifier. Post back when you get a chance and let me know what you discover.
AlbertsAW11 (11-30-2008)
Old 11-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Just Gettin Started

AlbertsAW11 is on a distinguished road

Well I test the ground and the 12v+ and they both are giving 12v...but the sub still wont power on... the first time I connected the sub i did it like the diagram had it.. the red to red black to black and the RCA cables and nothing happened.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Just Gettin Started

I also tried connecting the red 12v to the orange and the black ground to the black on the sub.. no cigar..
Old 11-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I also tried connecting the red 12v to the orange and the black ground to the black on the sub.. no cigar..
Where are you getting your remote turn on power from? And have you checked your inline fuse?
AlbertsAW11 (11-30-2008)
Old 11-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well I test the ground and the 12v+ and they both are giving 12v...but the sub still wont power on... the first time I connected the sub i did it like the diagram had it.. the red to red black to black and the RCA cables and nothing happened.
The remote wire also needs to be powered for the Tube to come on. Just wiring the 12v red and ground will not turn the Tube on.
AlbertsAW11 (11-30-2008)
Old 11-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Just Gettin Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
The remote wire also needs to be powered for the Tube to come on. Just wiring the 12v red and ground will not turn the Tube on.
Oh no wonder...i'm assuming i need to power the remote through the headunit receiver?

Quote:
Where are you getting your remote turn on power from? And have you checked your inline fuse?
I never really worried about the orange wire..I didn't know that was necessary . Inline fuse? Like the fuse inside the subwoofer? once again I really appreciate your help
Old 11-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh no wonder...i'm assuming i need to power the remote through the headunit receiver?

I never really worried about the orange wire..I didn't know that was necessary . Inline fuse? Like the fuse inside the subwoofer? once again I really appreciate your help
Yes, the headunit usually has a blue wire labeled remote. This is for adding amplifiers and is the key-on/key-off power source for the unit. Remember, the battery 12v is a constant power source. No, the inline power fuse just to make sure that you haven't shorted it out.
AlbertsAW11 (11-30-2008)
Old 11-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Just Gettin Started

Quote:
Yes, the headunit usually has a blue wire labeled remote. This is for adding amplifiers and is the key-on/key-off power source for the unit. Remember, the battery 12v is a constant power source. No, the inline power fuse just to make sure that you haven't shorted it out.
Alright..thanks. I'm parrety sure I havn't shorted it.if I have..I would have to replace it right? Is there anything else I could have damaged internally from trying to install this?

So I would have to get a longer wire to attach to the blue remote wire and wire it to the orange from the sub right? Then also wire the red 12v and the ground? and I should have power? Sorry for asking so many questions. I am fairly new to this. I'm just hoping the sub isn't damaged in any way.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Alright..thanks. I'm parrety sure I havn't shorted it.if I have..I would have to replace it right? Is there anything else I could have damaged internally from trying to install this?

So I would have to get a longer wire to attach to the blue remote wire and wire it to the orange from the sub right? Then also wire the red 12v and the ground? and I should have power? Sorry for asking so many questions. I am fairly new to this. I'm just hoping the sub isn't damaged in any way.
As long as you have not powered the ground wire, your internal amplifier is fine. If the fuse is blown, you need to replace it. Yes, you have to get a 16-18 gauge wire to connect the blue remote wire to the orange wire on the Tube. As for the questions, again, no problem. This is what the Bazooka Forum is for, helping people out.
AlbertsAW11 (11-30-2008)
Old 11-30-2008, 03:19 PM
Just Gettin Started

I will try that and report back. Thanks