Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Customer Service

Notices

Old 10-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
SixSeriesCsi is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 El1204

When did this speaker come out? One of them is broken the cone ripped/tore. When the box tipped over. What is the cost to have this fixed?
Old 10-02-2008, 03:07 PM

CJ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: El1204

The EL1204 is a 2003 model. We no longer have stock on those. The new model number is the BW1214. This woofer too is closing out this year, but still available. The suggested retail on that woofer is $129, however, I believe you could find it cheaper elsewhere.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Just Gettin Started

SixSeriesCsi is on a distinguished road

These were a gift, That I would really like to keep. Can they be repaired???
Old 10-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSeriesCsi View Post
When did this speaker come out? One of them is broken the cone ripped/tore. When the box tipped over. What is the cost to have this fixed?
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum SixSeriesCsi! When you say that the cone ripped/tore, and I just want to clarify this, is is the speaker cone itself, or the surround or the dustcover?
Old 10-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum SixSeriesCsi! When you say that the cone ripped/tore, and I just want to clarify this, is is the speaker cone itself, or the surround or the dustcover?

That should actually read, "is it the speaker cone itself, or the surround, or the dustcover?"
Old 10-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSeriesCsi View Post
These were a gift, That I would really like to keep. Can they be repaired???
The good news is that Yes, they can be repaired, it is just a question of how much you want to spend. If it is a simple foam surround or dustcover puncture, you can buy a "speaker repair kit," which will include the foam surround and usually, but not always the dustcover and adhesive. If the cone itself is punctured, there are several companies that can repair the subwoofer, the only question you have to ask yourself is, is it worth it? The only reason I say that, as you have posted you would like to keep these, as they were a gift, is because your going to have to justify the cost of reconing versus the cost of a new subwoofer. I just want you to be informed before you make a decision. You can Google "speaker repair," or "speaker reconing" to find several, reputable repair shops. If you have any other questions just post again. I hope all of this helps and is not information overload.
Geneh (10-02-2008), Kingfish (10-03-2008)
Old 10-02-2008, 08:50 PM
BAZOOKA Man

rainmanspl has a spectacular aura aboutrainmanspl has a spectacular aura about

Hey Six. Again welcome to the Bazooka forum. Heavyduty has a valid point. You are looking at about $125+ to recone that woofer. Shipping and materials have skyrocketed since '03. However, I noticed that the BW1214's are in the Bazooka store for $49.95 on clearance. Also take a look at the ELW1214P's at $79.95 They may be closer cosmetically to the EL1204. Good luck sir.
"Acoustics is the study of sound; a branch of physics dealing with sound. The law of physics is constantly challenge. Therefore in relation to acoustics; You must study constantly, for you will be constantly challenged." ...... Rainmanspl
The Following User Says Thank You to rainmanspl For This Useful Post:
Kingfish (10-03-2008)