Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Customer Service

Notices

Old 07-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Patentpending is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Blown amp?

OK, is there a way to test it with power but no remote turn-on? Because I would like to try to check if it's just getting power and not getting signal from the remote turn-on. I read in another thread about there being a jumper you can move so that it turns on when theres a signal and not with a remote turn-on.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:21 AM
Just Gettin Started

After looking through the owners manual I found the jumper and switched it to auto turn-on. I then hooked it up with a short RCA cable to my headunit(I completely tore apart the crappo wiring job from before) and lo and behold it works! So I am going to leave it on auto turn-on and tomorrow morning I am going to Radioshack to buy a long enough RCA cable and hook it up again. I do have one more question though:
Both of the black plastic pieces that you mount the tube on and that hold the strap have broken during normal use and while they still hold the tube in place, it allows more movement than i would like. Is there a way I could get new ones?
Old 07-16-2008, 02:24 AM
Just Gettin Started

OK, Ok, one more Q.
How would it affect the sound of the tube if i removed the white padding from inside the tube?
Old 07-16-2008, 08:39 AM

CJ will become famous soon enough

If you contact customer service at (800) 843-8823, we may be able to locate some of the plastic pieces for you from returns. If not, a new strap set only costs $5.95 which includes the brackets and straps.
CJ
The Following User Says Thank You to CJ For This Useful Post:
rainmanspl (07-16-2008)
Old 07-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Geneh has a spectacular aura aboutGeneh has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Re: Blown amp?

Do not remove the material from the tube. The damping material changes the operation of the tube air from adiabatic (constant heat) to isothermal (constant temperature). With the isothermal process, the damping material absorbs and gives up heat which maintains a more constant temperature inside the tube. This also has the added effect of reducing sound velocity, which shortens the wavelengths and makes the driver "think" it is in a larger air volume

Q u o t e s:
To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer. Farmers' Almanac, 1978
The Following User Says Thank You to Geneh For This Useful Post:
rainmanspl (07-16-2008)
Old 07-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Just Gettin Started

OK, I installed everything back into my car. The stuffing is still in the tube, I have it set to auto turn-on, and I bought and ran a 12 foot RCA patch cable(barely long enough) and it works good now. The onl problem now is that my stock speakers seem like they are distorting more than they were before and I am getting a good amount of intereference(not to the sub, to the rear deck speakers), because I have to have a 17 foot wiring harness from the HU to the RCU in the trunk. Unfortunately theres no other way to run it than the way it is, which is that wire harness which has all the speaker cables in it, and the power cable for the amp are running right next to each other. Is there any way I can shield either the power cable or the wire harness to get less interference? I ran the RCA cable on the other side of the car but the RCU and the battery are both on the drivers side so they both have to be run on that side.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:53 PM
BAZOOKA Man

rainmanspl has a spectacular aura aboutrainmanspl has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patentpending View Post
OK, I installed everything back into my car. The stuffing is still in the tube, I have it set to auto turn-on, and I bought and ran a 12 foot RCA patch cable(barely long enough) and it works good now. The onl problem now is that my stock speakers seem like they are distorting more than they were before and I am getting a good amount of intereference(not to the sub, to the rear deck speakers), because I have to have a 17 foot wiring harness from the HU to the RCU in the trunk. Unfortunately theres no other way to run it than the way it is, which is that wire harness which has all the speaker cables in it, and the power cable for the amp are running right next to each other. Is there any way I can shield either the power cable or the wire harness to get less interference? I ran the RCA cable on the other side of the car but the RCU and the battery are both on the drivers side so they both have to be run on that side.
Reduce the bass level on the H/U and let the sub work the lows more. If your H/U has a high pass x-over, try turning it to 60hz or so.
"Acoustics is the study of sound; a branch of physics dealing with sound. The law of physics is constantly challenge. Therefore in relation to acoustics; You must study constantly, for you will be constantly challenged." ...... Rainmanspl
Old 07-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Just Gettin Started

I've tried that but my HU is adjustable for bass from -6 to 6 and I usually have it set at 2 for listening at high volume and set at 4 when listening at lower volumes for more bass. It also has no x-over and no sub control unfortunately. I think I am just gonna buy new component speakers. Since my HU is rated at 17 wattsx4 RMS would it be a good idea to get a small 2 channel amp to power the rear deck speakers and then let the HU power the front door speakers? If the HU wasn't powering the rear speakers would the fronts get twice as much power?
Old 07-16-2008, 09:02 PM
BAZOOKA Man

rainmanspl has a spectacular aura aboutrainmanspl has a spectacular aura about

No, they would still only get 17watts RMS each. You could purchase a 4-channel amp or just upgrade to a H/U that has front, rear, and sub outputs with selectable x-over frequencies. Most new H/U'swith these features have 20 - 22watts RMS/channel output and start at about $150.00. I personally like Alpine and Pioneer.
"Acoustics is the study of sound; a branch of physics dealing with sound. The law of physics is constantly challenge. Therefore in relation to acoustics; You must study constantly, for you will be constantly challenged." ...... Rainmanspl
Old 07-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Just Gettin Started

Yeah, I just purchased this HU a few months ago and am not looking to upgrade it. I got a good deal on this HU for 50 bucks brand new in the box from my friend. And it is also bluetooth compatible I just need to buy the 50 dollar BT adapter. I am very happy with this unit though. But even with just the stock HU amp it would sound a lot better with aftermarket components right? Or it would at least stop the distortion correct?