Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Customer Service

Notices

Old 07-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
gfreek is on a distinguished road
Angry FAST 1721 Harness

This harness will NOT fit a '08 Honda Ridgeline without modifying the male end which plugs into the radio. The plug is abit too large and had to be filed,trimmed and sanded in order to fit. I called Bazooka customer service before I purchased it and was assured it would fit. Not happy, but made it work.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:19 PM

CJ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: FAST 1721 Harness

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of the problems you had with your fast harness and your 08 Honda vehicle. I apologize that we did not have better information on the specifications of your particular car. We must have not gotten the changes that Honda made in the 08 models that would have caused our harness not to fit. Please send me via private message your address and I will send you a Bazooka drink cooler for the trouble that you have had.
CJ
Old 07-11-2008, 07:14 PM
BAZOOKA Man

rainmanspl has a spectacular aura aboutrainmanspl has a spectacular aura about

CJ, this sounds more like a compromise in the mold during manufacturing. They tend to run in batches, but normally effects only 2 - 4% of inventory. I've encountered similar defects in harnesses occasionally. I've used Metra, Scosche, American International, and others. I've experienced it with all of them. It's a little aggravating, but nobody is perfect and everyone needs sleep. I just wish they wouldn't sleep during the molding process.
"Acoustics is the study of sound; a branch of physics dealing with sound. The law of physics is constantly challenge. Therefore in relation to acoustics; You must study constantly, for you will be constantly challenged." ...... Rainmanspl
Old 07-11-2008, 07:37 PM
BAZOOKA Man

Gfreek, welcome to the Bazooka forums. I'm sorry you had difficulties with a product, but it's a very uncommon occurrence. Just as I stated above, it isn't narrowed to one company. You'll find that Bazooka has more than customer service, it's more of a customer friendship.
And actually I'm happy it happened to someone else so I don't feel unlucky.
"Acoustics is the study of sound; a branch of physics dealing with sound. The law of physics is constantly challenge. Therefore in relation to acoustics; You must study constantly, for you will be constantly challenged." ...... Rainmanspl
Old 07-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Just Gettin Started

gfreek is on a distinguished road
Thank You Re: FAST 1721 Harness

Thanks CJ and rainmanspl for the quick responses. Understand things happen..... Oh well..
Old 11-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Just Gettin Started

JrVtecAccord is on a distinguished road

Wanted to inform this didn't fit in a 2007 Honda Accord OEM Navi. Same problem as the OP. The connector that goes into the radio is TOO big, but the right format. Please see pic, the items pointed at are too long, and the tab is solid, on the original it's hollowed out.

I tried to modify it, but no luck, didn't have the right tools to cut it cleanly. I probably buy another and try again. Unless anyone knows of an adapter that is similar to this that will work. I guess any type of extender or t harness will work.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrVtecAccord View Post
Wanted to inform this didn't fit in a 2007 Honda Accord OEM Navi. Same problem as the OP. The connector that goes into the radio is TOO big, but the right format. Please see pic, the items pointed at are too long, and the tab is solid, on the original it's hollowed out.

I tried to modify it, but no luck, didn't have the right tools to cut it cleanly. I probably buy another and try again. Unless anyone knows of an adapter that is similar to this that will work. I guess any type of extender or t harness will work.

Welcome to the Bazooka Forum JrVtecAccord. I am sorry to hear about your installation problems. On Monday, please call Bazooka, 1-800-THE-TUBE, and ask to speak to CJ about your compatibility issue with the FAST 1721. While the FAST 1721 will work with most Honda Systems, you may be part of the "other" Honda Systems that this harness does not work with. Before you purchase anything else, let's make sure that this is not the issue. If, for some reason, the Harness is at fault (molding process, packaging error, etc.,) the error will quickly be resolved. rainmanspl may have a few other thoughts on the matter which may be helpful. He is a Car Audio professional and a nice guy to boot. No matter the problem, I am confident that we will be able to find the solution.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:25 PM
BAZOOKA Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrVtecAccord View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum JrVtecAccord. I am sorry to hear about your installation problems. On Monday, please call Bazooka, 1-800-THE-TUBE, and ask to speak to CJ about your compatibility issue with the FAST 1721. While the FAST 1721 will work with most Honda Systems, you may be part of the "other" Honda Systems that this harness does not work with. Before you purchase anything else, let's make sure that this is not the issue. If, for some reason, the Harness is at fault (molding process, packaging error, etc.,) the error will quickly be resolved. rainmanspl may have a few other thoughts on the matter which may be helpful. He is a Car Audio professional and a nice guy to boot. No matter the problem, I am confident that we will be able to find the solution.
Hey guys. The problem is in the mold as mentioned above. They are injection molded. If by chance trash or debris enters or sticks to the mold, the machine operator is supposed to remove the debris with the tools provided. Unfortunately, due to stress of prouction quotas, the operator uses other items to remove he debris (pocket knife or pick). This can (and usually does) compromise or distort the mold. If you'll look close, you will see the guide (arrow) is 3-4mills thicker than the one next to it as well as being less than straight. That is a result of an improperly cleaned mold. Jr, call Bazooka and talk to Cathy. She will take care of it.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:56 PM

CJ will become famous soon enough

I apologize for not getting back with you sooner. I wanted to have our inventory checked on that honda harness to determine if it was just a defective harness, or if they all were the same. It appears that they are all the same which means that the Fast-1721 will not work in your vehicle. I am sorry for the misinformation. My technician here recommended the FAST-9999 which is the universal harness. If you purchased your 1721 direct from us, please contact customer service at (800) 843-8823 to get an exchange or return. Please have your order number on hand when calling. We will get you taken care of. Again, I'm sorry the harness did not work for your application.
CJ
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CJ For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (11-05-2008), Kingfish (11-04-2008), rainmanspl (11-04-2008)