Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Talk to the Kingfish

Notices

Old 01-29-2008, 08:58 AM
President

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kingfish will become famous soon enoughKingfish will become famous soon enough
Help 0003 Will you help SAS stop Internet Fraud? - Please give me your feedback on this idea.

We are seeing an unprecedented amount of websites, Amazon Stores, and Ebay stores popping up and selling our products at prices that seriously compromise our Authorized resellers ability to offer value added services, such as technical support, merchandising presentation, installation expertise, sales expertise, warranty evaluation, warranty exchange, and many more services that you, our customers, expect. And, while some of you probably think that it is all about price, it truly is NOT. No business can survive on price alone, and the added services are critical to our ability to be constantly getting feedback and product ideas from the field, improving our products, and improving your experience with those products.

With the above in mind, I am seriously considering creating a "Consumer Watch Mystery Shopper" program that will allow you to benefit from helping us track down where these guys are getting our products. Here is what I am thinking:

Background:
1. All Bazooka woofers, tubes, amps, and speakers are individually serialized and those serial numbers are tracked in our system when the product is shipped to Authorized resellers or Distributors. Removal of that serial number VOIDS the warranty.

2. SAS does NOT Authorize Brick and Mortar retailers or Distributor to sell over the web. Our Authorized Internet Resellers are specifically appointed under separate contract with specific guidelines and service level requirements to insure consumers are not getting taken advantage of.

3. The only way that these Unauthorized websites can be getting our product is that they are either misrepresenting themselves to us as a Brick and Mortar store or the product is being transfered/transhipped in violation of our Authorized Dealer/Distributor Agreements.

How can you help?
1. Understand that Price is not the only issue. Devaluing the brand and products is not in ANYONE's best interest. Yes, you might get a "good deal" once or twice, but in the long run the goods and services WILL be compromised.

2. Get qualified to help SAS BUY product from these unauthorized websites on a selective basis! (see requirements and incentives below)

Requirements:
1. You MUST become an active TRUSTED member of this board, with a minimum of 100 posts.

2. You MUST first correspond with me, personally, and receive my specific approval BEFORE purchasing a product.

3. You MUST purchase NEW unopened product and be willing to send it to SAS BEFORE opening the original, SEALED, shipping carton in which you received it from the unauthorized reseller.

4. You MUST agree to the Terms of this program that will be sent to you in advance BEFORE making your purchase.

5. You MUST be willing to wait a few weeks before enjoying your purchase!

6. You MUST buy CURRENT, NEW, NEVER OPENED products.

Incentive:

CASH OR FREE PRODUCT!!!

Options:
1. You can receive the product back along with a full refund of the purchase price and total round trip shipping charges.

OR

2. You can receive the product back along with ANOTHER product of equal value to that which you purchased on our behalf absolutely FREE!!! So, if you need a 4-channel amp to go with a mono amp you bought under this program...no problem!

Guys, please give me your feedback on this idea, and let me know if you think it will work and if you would be interested in helping us out. If enough of you give me a , then we will take the next step toward implementing the idea. But, if you guys don't like the idea then it is doomed from the start, and we will drop it.

Please comment, and be HONEST!

Thanks,
KF

Last edited by Kingfish; 01-29-2008 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Edited to clarify questions raised by GH
Old 01-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Enthusiast

Location: S.E. LA (That's Louisiana for the geographically challenged)
gearhead is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Will you help SAS stop Internet Fraud? - Please give me your feedback on this ide

I'm assuming you're talking about NIB current model products, and not discontinued/soon-to-be-discontinued models, or used products.

I see a couple of problems right away.

I purchase an MGA 11500H for $275 w/free shipping.
I can:
send the amp to Bazooka and get a refund for $275,
send the amp to Bazooka and recieve another product worth $275
keep the amp, which has a current MSRP of $549.95

Not to sound snide, but that's pretty much a no-brainer.

Unless someone just has time to kill and is feeling really benevolent, or is in the market for new Bazooka peoducts, there doesn't seem to be any incentive. If I'm not in the market for any additional gear, what would/could I get out this program? I'm sorry if that sounds mercenary, but, I'm not a Bazooka employee. If I were to make a purchase (tying up MY money), send it to Bazooka and get a refund, I'm not getting anything for my time or the risk involved with my money.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:55 AM
President

Default Re: Will you help SAS stop Internet Fraud? - Please give me your feedback on this ide

GH,
Sorry for not being more clear. In your example, SAS would send the original product you purchased BACK to you along with the $275 + Shipping Costs or $275 + Shipping Costs in FREE product for helping us out!

Yes, this would only apply to NEW, UNOPENED, CURRENT products and AFTER specific approval from SAS to make the buy.

Sound any better?

Old 01-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
GH,
Sorry for not being more clear. In your example, SAS would send the original product you purchased BACK to you along with the $275 + Shipping Costs or $275 + Shipping Costs in FREE product for helping us out!

Yes, this would only apply to NEW, UNOPENED, CURRENT products and AFTER specific approval from SAS to make the buy.

Sound any better?

Much better. Where do I sign up, and do I need to make a bunch of nonsense posts so I can get my post count up to 100?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:07 PM
President

LOL. My guess is that by the time we get the program completely flushed out you will have your post count. My main concern with that requirement is simply to make sure we are working with people that genuinely want to become an active member of our community, and not just someone looking to get a Free product. You've been around for a while and offered some valued input to others without the aforementioned incentive. So, you are on the radar, and I'm glad to have u on board.
KF

Old 01-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Enthusiast

I may not always be "corporately correct", or espouse the "company line", but overall I'm a proponent of ethical behavior and fair treatment.

Oh, yeah. I am greedy and want free products, but at least I'm willing to work for them.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:53 PM
BAZOOKA Man

rainmanspl has a spectacular aura aboutrainmanspl has a spectacular aura about

Kingfish, I am on this like tooth decay on a Waffle House waitress!
Seriously, just say the word. I really don't care for free product, just reimbursement.(And maybe a chance to kick them right square in the)
Old 01-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Tech Junkie

mx5 is on a distinguished road

I would definitely be willing to help out with this. I've seen SEVERAL examples where a product has been advertised as a bazooka product, and turns out to be a cheap knock off. I've been doing internet purchases since 1997, and have pretty good experience with that type of thing.

Anyways, I'd be happy to help, regardless of a reward.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:14 PM
BAZOOKA Man

rainmanspl has a spectacular aura aboutrainmanspl has a spectacular aura about

Absolutely. Save that cash to introduce a new product line next year.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:33 AM
Tech Junkie

mx5 is on a distinguished road

Although I could use another bt6024DVC

But I could also use engine management...
and a b20 honda motor...
and a new kitchen.