Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 04-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
digitaldan
Default BTA 6200 Overheating and Cutting Out

My BTA 6200 is starting to cut out on me. I've read other messages and some of the proposed solutions, and after a through inspection of all the wiring and a few other tests I've completed, I now feel the problem is with the design of the sub itself. All of the cutting out times have happened on the last 5 or 6 days it has been warm here in Ohio. These haven't been consecutive days either. It also happens about the same time in my drive length and only on my way home, not in the morning when it is cool. Has this been an identified issue and is there a fix for this problem? I thought about installing a quiet computer fan on the sub to see if this helps with the cutting out, thoughts???
Dan
Old 04-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Just Gettin Started

boomn4x4

I'm experiencing a similar issue with my BTA10100. I don't know if it is coinicdential but my issue also started when it began to warm up in Ohio. It works for about 15 min for me then starts to cut out at a med-hi volume, and progressivily gets worse.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:04 AM
Tech Junkie

burner_00

crap, thats not good, I'm i'm looking to buy BTA10200 which will probably have the same probles or worse since its the same series, nevery had problems with my EL8A-HP. I hope you get your answers soon.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Just Gettin Started

digitaldan

Another warm day and another cut out. Today it was in the high 70's here in Ohio and my sub began to cut out once again at the same spot in my drive home, it's like it set on a timer. This is very frustrating and I wouldn't recommend buying a Bazooka powered sub to anyone until this problem is addressed by SAS. I've checked and rechecked all of the connections and there is no problem there. It still never does it in the morning. When it cuts out, it just sort of fades out and slowly rolls back in. I should have went with the Kenwood sub.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:31 PM
Tech Junkie

burner_00

well I have the BTA10200 and its been working great. the tempratures here have reached above 95 deg and i am experiancing the cut out. the led will dim along with the bass down to off...a few seconds later led comes back up along with the bass and repeat. is there a solution to this? the bass in the tube should move air over the heat sink and cool it down but once it heats up to much it cuts out and no bass to cool the heat sink. could a fan mounted over the heat sink help? but all the vibration in the tube would probably kill it. bigger heat sink? airconditioned tube?!?!?!
Old 06-28-2005, 04:27 AM
Just Gettin Started

MAXXL

Hey whats up people? Let me gues your both running RCA lines to your powered tubes? with auto turn on? I dont think its a heat issue at all. I think its the auto turn on issue. Im up hear in michigan hot hot hot weather last couple of days. look hear
http://www.bazooka.com/techInfo_faq....=4&id=29#start

I dont know if this helps but dont bash the Bazooka name before you call and talk to the right people. I have hade PYLE and Kenwood sub systems The Kenwood took up the whole trunk of my NEON back in 94. well I get better sound and mirror vibration out of one 10" bazooka
In the back of a Jeep Wrangler with a soft top. Nothing to resonate off of. So Please talk to the right people before you start telling people to buy other products. Oh and bye the way they do sell a cooling system for the amp On your tube.

http://www.bazooka.com/productAutoAccessoriesCHIL.asp
its called a C.H.I.L. unit. Lookes pretty cool but try the remote turn on first before you start spending any extra money.
Good luck to you.
Peace out
Max
Old 06-28-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Junkie

burner_00

Quote:
quote: Hey whats up people? Let me gues your both running RCA lines to your powered tubes? with auto turn on? I dont think its a heat issue at all. I think its the auto turn on issue. Im up hear in michigan hot hot hot weather last couple of days. look hear
http://www.bazooka.com/techInfo_faq....=4&id=29#start

I dont know if this helps but dont bash the Bazooka name before you call and talk to the right people. I have hade PYLE and Kenwood sub systems The Kenwood took up the whole trunk of my NEON back in 94. well I get better sound and mirror vibration out of one 10" bazooka
In the back of a Jeep Wrangler with a soft top. Nothing to resonate off of. So Please talk to the right people before you start telling people to buy other products. Oh and bye the way they do sell a cooling system for the amp On your tube.

http://www.bazooka.com/productAutoAccessoriesCHIL.asp
its called a C.H.I.L. unit. Lookes pretty cool but try the remote turn on first before you start spending any extra money.
Good luck to you.
Peace out
Max
Max, thanks for the input. yes I am and probably most are using the RCA lines. and secondly if you do any research on the BTAX200 series you will see that they don't have any auto on loops, mine is currently connected to a switch off of RAP. I would look into the CHIL line, but as of my knowledge those are for stand alone woffers and amps. let me have the direct link to the one designed for tubes.