Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Passive Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 06-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
bobmG8 is on a distinguished road
Default New Amp for my Bazooka BT6024DVC Sub

I need a little help from the expert. I am changing my Amp that powers my Bazooka BT6024DVC subwoofer. How would you recommend I set up the Band Pass & Bass EQ Settings? The Amp is the Precision Power PC360.2 (http://www.precisionpower.com/html-v.../PC-360-2.html) The sub has a range of 39-1500Hz. There are two setting for selecting the range 50-800Hz and 250Hz to 4kHz (by using a 5X button. Which one is best since the sub spans both selections? Then where do I set the pot for this? The Bass EQ has two Pots 30Hz to 90 Hz and 0dB to 12dB? How you recommend setting these Pots? My speaker Output is 6V so that is how I will set the Gain. The Mode switch is left out for Low Pass and I guess I just leave the HPF alone. Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

Bob
Old 06-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New Amp for my Bazooka BT6024DVC Sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmG8 View Post
I need a little help from the expert. I am changing my Amp that powers my Bazooka BT6024DVC subwoofer. How would you recommend I set up the Band Pass & Bass EQ Settings? The Amp is the Precision Power PC360.2 (http://www.precisionpower.com/html-v.../PC-360-2.html) The sub has a range of 39-1500Hz. There are two setting for selecting the range 50-800Hz and 250Hz to 4kHz (by using a 5X button. Which one is best since the sub spans both selections? Then where do I set the pot for this? The Bass EQ has two Pots 30Hz to 90 Hz and 0dB to 12dB? How you recommend setting these Pots? My speaker Output is 6V so that is how I will set the Gain. The Mode switch is left out for Low Pass and I guess I just leave the HPF alone. Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

Bob
Bob, while the Tube does have a frequency response range of 39-1500Hz, it is still a subwoofer, which means, let it pull subwoofer duty.

Use the low pass filter on the amplifier and ideally look to set it at or near 100Hz. From there you can adjust either up, or, down. Once this initial setting is done, you can then dial in the bass boost.

With the bass boost, this again, will be a trial method. Except in this case, you will look to set this at or around 60Hz, and dial from there.

Pick a song that you are familiar with and set it to repeat. This will help you dial in the Tube and the amplifier settings.

Please post back with any other questions you may have.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Just Gettin Started

bobmG8 is on a distinguished road
Thank You Re: New Amp for my Bazooka BT6024DVC Sub

Thank you for the help. I will let you know if I have any additional questions after my installation.

Bob