Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Hook me up!

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
SCRAVEN is on a distinguished road
Default Bta10100fhc

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of questions here and I want to be sure I do this all correct.

I am looking at buying and installing a BTA10100 tube/amp in my wife's car.

My Plan:
Connect the power directly to the battery via with a fuse. Connect the ground directly to the Frame of the car. Tap into the rear R/L +/- speaker wires and run those to the Highlevel imputs. Then finally connect the Orange Auto wire to the Antenna on wire on the back of the radio. Under this set up I will disconnect the Yellow jumper loop correct?

IF I have to run more wire to the battery I plan to use the same 16ga wire as the amp and connect via solder and heat shrink it.

Does this kit come with the "Fuse" part at I connect to the battery or will I need to buy a kit that contains that?

I have read the wiring instructions a couple of times but I want to be sure I understand correctly before starting this little project.

Thanks,

Shaw
Old 08-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bta10100fhc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAVEN View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of questions here and I want to be sure I do this all correct.

I am looking at buying and installing a BTA10100 tube/amp in my wife's car.

My Plan:
Connect the power directly to the battery via with a fuse. Connect the ground directly to the Frame of the car. Tap into the rear R/L +/- speaker wires and run those to the Highlevel imputs. Then finally connect the Orange Auto wire to the Antenna on wire on the back of the radio. Under this set up I will disconnect the Yellow jumper loop correct?

IF I have to run more wire to the battery I plan to use the same 16ga wire as the amp and connect via solder and heat shrink it.

Does this kit come with the "Fuse" part at I connect to the battery or will I need to buy a kit that contains that?

I have read the wiring instructions a couple of times but I want to be sure I understand correctly before starting this little project.

Thanks,

Shaw
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum Shaw. The BTA10100FHC does not require a connection at the battery due to the included FAST adapter and harness. All of the power and speaker connections are made at the headunit.

If you plan on purchasing a BTA10100 then yes, you can run a power wire of the same gauge to the battery. A fuse holder is included. Disconnect the Auto-Turn On Loop if you are connecting to a key/on-key/off +12v source at the headunit. Make sure your power antenna lead stays on when you are not listening to the tuner. If it does turn off, use a different power source for your remote connection. Your headunit should have a key-on/key-off +12v source in addition to a constant +12v power source.

Please post back with any other questions you may have.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:45 AM
Just Gettin Started

SCRAVEN is on a distinguished road

Hi Heavyduty,

Thanks for the warm welcome,

Here is what I have been able to find on the wiring.

2008 Saturn Astra Car Stereo Wiring Diagram
Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Red
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: N/A
Car Radio Ground Wire: Brown
Car Radio Illumination Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Pink
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Blue
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Yellow
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Yellow
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Green
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Green
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/White

Because I will have limited access to the back of the stereo my plan was as mentioned go right to the battery (with fuse), ground out to a bolt in the back (most likely a seat mount) and then tap directly into the rear speaker wires before it hits the speakers because i have better access. The "remote" power lead from the amp would tap into the Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Pink that way the amp will come on when the radio comes on. We just bought the car so I have not had much time to actually get in and play around. But my biggest concern is getting it all apart and require some additional "stuff" Does the fuse holder come with a Terminal ring etc to bolt to the battery or will I need to purchase that?
Old 08-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAVEN View Post
Hi Heavyduty,

Thanks for the warm welcome,

Here is what I have been able to find on the wiring.

2008 Saturn Astra Car Stereo Wiring Diagram
Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Red
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: N/A
Car Radio Ground Wire: Brown
Car Radio Illumination Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Pink
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Blue
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Yellow
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Yellow
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Green
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Green
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/White

Because I will have limited access to the back of the stereo my plan was as mentioned go right to the battery (with fuse), ground out to a bolt in the back (most likely a seat mount) and then tap directly into the rear speaker wires before it hits the speakers because i have better access. The "remote" power lead from the amp would tap into the Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Pink that way the amp will come on when the radio comes on. We just bought the car so I have not had much time to actually get in and play around. But my biggest concern is getting it all apart and require some additional "stuff" Does the fuse holder come with a Terminal ring etc to bolt to the battery or will I need to purchase that?
The FAST adapter (FAST-9999) takes up very little space once installed, so keep that in mind.

The BTA10100 will come with;

10" wiring harness
In-Line fuse holder with 7.5 amp (fuse holder has 6" leads on both ends)
3 Crimp Butt connectors
1 Crimp On Ring
1 Self Tapping Screw

You will want to purchase an additional Crimp On Ring for the connection at the battery terminal.

I will post the installation sheet for the FAST Harness so you can see how small it really is. This may help in your decision and will make installation a bit easier. Either way you go with the Tubes, your making the right decision by installing a Bazooka.

http://www.bazooka.com/pdf/current/F...tr_rev1_sm.pdf
Old 04-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Just Gettin Started

tgebert is on a distinguished road

need help hooking up to my factory ford five hundred factory radio I don't have a power antenna so which wire do I connect to?
Old 04-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgebert View Post
need help hooking up to my factory ford five hundred factory radio I don't have a power antenna so which wire do I connect to?
Connect to any other switched +12v wire.