Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 03-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
acrz is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Got power but no sound BT8100

I recently got a BT8100 with the fast-9999 wiring kit. I wired everything up and I have power but the sound is extremely low. Basically nothing. I have a single rca jack on the back of my JVC unit so I have used a y splitter to connect the rca's. I have also tried connecting just one of the rca's as well. I also have tried just using the high level inputs and they didn't work either. I even brought power from the battery back to the sub. What am I missing. I just know it's something dumb.

I am using:
JVC AW-AVX740
BTA8100FHC
Old 03-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Got power but no sound BT8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrz View Post
I recently got a BT8100 with the fast-9999 wiring kit. I wired everything up and I have power but the sound is extremely low. Basically nothing. I have a single rca jack on the back of my JVC unit so I have used a y splitter to connect the rca's. I have also tried connecting just one of the rca's as well. I also have tried just using the high level inputs and they didn't work either. I even brought power from the battery back to the sub. What am I missing. I just know it's something dumb.

I am using:
JVC AW-AVX740
BTA8100FHC
Verify that you do have the subwoofer function on when you are connecting using the Low Level Inputs. When connnecting to the High Level Inputs, you will also need to verify that no crossover function is set. No bass information present means there is no bass information to reproduce.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Just Gettin Started

Harveylg is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Re: Got power but no sound BT8100

Also got a problem with this unit working fine on radio stations but not with cd bass. Ground wire is perfect allowing green power on button to show. Why bass to radio stations and not to cd ?
Old 03-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveylg View Post
Also got a problem with this unit working fine on radio stations but not with cd bass. Ground wire is perfect allowing green power on button to show. Why bass to radio stations and not to cd ?
Relocate the switched +12v wire. You most likely have it attached to the power antenna lead which powers off when the tuner is off. End result, no bass when using the cd player.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:07 AM
Just Gettin Started

Harveylg is on a distinguished road

I can switch 12v power however there is no power antenna on the car.