Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
highnthemnts is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

pinout that is readable. there is no powered antenna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by highnthemnts View Post
I need some clarification about the connection for the
power (red wire) (pin 6?)
remote accessory (blue/black wire). (pin 10?)

1 Illumination+ Violet Orange
Right Front Speaker + Red / Yellow
Left Front Speaker + Brown / White
Right Rear Speaker + Blue / Yellow
5 Left Rear Speaker + White / Red Green
6 +12 Volt Memory Blue / Red
7 Dimmer (Illum.-) Orange / White
8 Right Front Speaker - White / Black
Left Front Speaker - Green
10 +12 Volt Accessory Yellow / Green
11 Ground Black Black / Red Black
12 Right Rear Speaker - Red / White
13 Left Rear Speaker - Red / Black
k
Z
Old 01-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnthemnts View Post
here's the pinout of the reciever. I need some clarification about the connection for the power (red wire) or the remote accessory (blue/black wire).

1 Illumination+ Violet Orange 2 Right Front Speaker + Red / Yellow Gray 3 Left Front Speaker + Brown / White White (gap for connector lock) 4 Right Rear Speaker + Blue / Yellow
Violet 5 Left Rear Speaker + White / Red Green 6 +12 Volt Memory Blue / Red
Yellow 7 Dimmer (Illum.-) Orange / White Orange / White 8 Right Front Speaker - White / Black Gray / Black 9 Left Front Speaker - Green
White / Black (small gap) 10 +12 Volt Accessory Yellow / Green
Red 11 Ground Black Black / Red Black (small gap) 12 Right Rear Speaker - Red / White
Violet / Black 13 Left Rear Speaker - Red / Black
Green / Black
Connect the red wire of the FAST-9999 to the +12 volt memory wire, connect the blue/white wire of the FAST-9999 to the +12 volt accessory wire.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Just Gettin Started

ions462 is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I’m trying to install my BTA850FH into a Kenwood KDC-MP342U that’s installed into a 2000 4runner but no luck. No sound coming from sub. I got the wire colors from the kenwood manual and I was just wondering how I should’ve tapped into the kenwood. And when I use the FAST-9999, should it connect directly into the wires coming out the back of the head unit and not the harness that connects the kenwood to the car, correct? Thanks!

Power Control/Motor Antenna control wire
(Blue/White) – P.CONT

TEL mute wire
(Brown) – MUTE

Not used
(Blue) – ANT. CONT.

Ignition Wire
(Red)

Battery Wire
(Yellow)

Ground Wire
(Black)

And oh, one more thing, I noticed in the kenwood manual it says if subwoofer does not work its probably because the pre-out is not set to subwoofer. Damn, I should’ve read the Kenwood manual too before I quit for the day.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ions462 View Post
Hello,
I’m trying to install my BTA850FH into a Kenwood KDC-MP342U that’s installed into a 2000 4runner but no luck. No sound coming from sub. I got the wire colors from the kenwood manual and I was just wondering how I should’ve tapped into the kenwood. And when I use the FAST-9999, should it connect directly into the wires coming out the back of the head unit and not the harness that connects the kenwood to the car, correct? Thanks!

Power Control/Motor Antenna control wire
(Blue/White) – P.CONT

TEL mute wire
(Brown) – MUTE

Not used
(Blue) – ANT. CONT.

Ignition Wire
(Red)

Battery Wire
(Yellow)

Ground Wire
(Black)

And oh, one more thing, I noticed in the kenwood manual it says if subwoofer does not work its probably because the pre-out is not set to subwoofer. Damn, I should’ve read the Kenwood manual too before I quit for the day.
It doesn't matter if you connect to the factory harness or the harness of the headunit.

Your connections should go as follows:

Red power wire of the FAST-9999 - Yellow wire of the headunit
Blue/White wire of the FAST-9999 - Red wire of the headunit

Make sure you have an adequate ground, turn on the subwoofer function of the headunit and you should be good to go.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:42 AM
Just Gettin Started

BenH79 is on a distinguished road
Thank You Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Thanks for all the excellent information! I am a total audio novice and have successfully installed a BTA8100 yesterday with very little trouble. I just followed heavyduty's advice given throughout this topic - I used the FAST harness and BTAH cable. I only had to tap in to the red constant wire and the blue-white remote cables at back of harness!!

My only issue now is how to physically mount it since it's in the back of a small hatchback and there is no real wood besides the cardboard thin material that covers the spare tire...

BTW, it sounds pretty impressive. Can't believe how much bass I am getting from this thing!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:21 AM
Just Gettin Started

Help 0003 Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Hmmm, now that I think about it I may have wired my setup wrong? I tapped the FAST/BTAH harness' red wire to my aftermarket head unit harness adapter's red wire (which is labeled as ACC). I also tapped the FAST/BTAH harness blue-white to head unit blue-white (remote wire). Is this incorrect? I wonder if I should have tapped the first connection (red wire of FAST) to head unit yellow wire for battery? So my above post would be incorrect in that I am not tapped into constant battery, but ACC/turn on wire. Can this cause any problems? Everything is working fine and sounds good for now.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenH79 View Post
Hmmm, now that I think about it I may have wired my setup wrong? I tapped the FAST/BTAH harness' red wire to my aftermarket head unit harness adapter's red wire (which is labeled as ACC). I also tapped the FAST/BTAH harness blue-white to head unit blue-white (remote wire). Is this incorrect? I wonder if I should have tapped the first connection (red wire of FAST) to head unit yellow wire for battery? So my above post would be incorrect in that I am not tapped into constant battery, but ACC/turn on wire. Can this cause any problems? Everything is working fine and sounds good for now.
No, it will not cause any problems. I personally still like connecting the constant power of the Tube to the constant power of the headunit. If you have any reservations about how the Tube is wired now, just connect the red wire of the FAST-9999 to the yellow wire of the headunit and keep on rocking.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thank You Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
No, it will not cause any problems. I personally still like connecting the constant power of the Tube to the constant power of the headunit. If you have any reservations about how the Tube is wired now, just connect the red wire of the FAST-9999 to the yellow wire of the headunit and keep on rocking.
Ok, thx!! I felt it was as if I hooked up 2 remote leads but i guess it doesn't matter as long as it gets the 12 volts. It pretty much sounds exactly like I was hoping! Pretty stoked so far.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Just Gettin Started

Fjatheart is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to attach the FAST-9999 to the factory HU in my 2001 4Runner. The wires coming off the back of the HU do not match diagrams I've found online. Do I need to see if the wires coming off the back of the factory amp match the diagrams & tap to those? I'm at a loss and afraid to tap into the wrong wires.

Thank you!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjatheart View Post
I'm trying to attach the FAST-9999 to the factory HU in my 2001 4Runner. The wires coming off the back of the HU do not match diagrams I've found online. Do I need to see if the wires coming off the back of the factory amp match the diagrams & tap to those? I'm at a loss and afraid to tap into the wrong wires.

Thank you!
Can you list what color wires you are trying to connect to at the factory headunit?

A great rule of thumb is to always check the wires with a DMM to verify voltage and a correct connection before attaching anything.

Tags
bta10100, bta6100, bta8100, bta850fh, fast, fast-9999, ta850c