Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 01-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettatdi View Post
Hello guys I need some help. I am connecting the fast harness but already have used my HU remote amp turn on wire for a 12 volt amplified antenna adapter. Can I tap into this wire, or will this be too much of a draw for the head unit.
Connecting the Tube will be fine, however, be aware that if you need to add one more additional item you will need to install a 12v relay.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Just Gettin Started

pimpg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
Connect the red power wire of the FAST-9999 to the constant power wire of the headunit; the blue/white wire of the FAST-9999 to the switched power wire of the headunit of the remote wire of the headunit (not the power antenna wire). Use the front speakers of the harness for your signal source OR you can use the RCA's and plug into the sub-out of the headunit, but DO NOT connect both.
Thanks for the help with this. I did as you said & it's working now. However, I'm concerned about the built-in amp being turned on in my h/u. The H/U built in amp is powering my door & rear speakers and the bta10100 which is already amped. This is a problem, isn't it? I don't have an external amp for my other speakers.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpg View Post
Thanks for the help with this. I did as you said & it's working now. However, I'm concerned about the built-in amp being turned on in my h/u. The H/U built in amp is powering my door & rear speakers and the bta10100 which is already amped. This is a problem, isn't it? I don't have an external amp for my other speakers.
No need for concern. The internal amplifier of the headunit is NOT powering the Tube. All you have done is create a signal source for the Tube by using the High Level Inputs (or Low Level Inputs for that matter). By connecting to the constant and switched power source of the headunit you are simply using the factory electrical system for your power connections.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Just Gettin Started

natewho is on a distinguished road

I've read the first and last of this thread, skipped the middle. But need to clarification.

I've installed my BTA10100 and everything seems to work fine.

I bought the FAST adapter for a Mitsubishi. Apparently that adapter doesn't match up with a 2010 Lancer. Oh well, that's not gonna stop me. I separated the wires from that adapter and made my own FAST-9999 (kinda). After figuring which wire goes where (Thank you Bazooka for making your Mitsubishi adapter with different wire colors than the normal Bazooka wire colors ).

I spliced the correct wires to the correct locations behind the radio.

Question is, this is all I need to do? Or do I need to run a direct wire to the battery like a typical installation?
Old 01-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by natewho View Post
I've read the first and last of this thread, skipped the middle. But need to clarification.

I've installed my BTA10100 and everything seems to work fine.

I bought the FAST adapter for a Mitsubishi. Apparently that adapter doesn't match up with a 2010 Lancer. Oh well, that's not gonna stop me. I separated the wires from that adapter and made my own FAST-9999 (kinda). After figuring which wire goes where (Thank you Bazooka for making your Mitsubishi adapter with different wire colors than the normal Bazooka wire colors ).

I spliced the correct wires to the correct locations behind the radio.

Question is, this is all I need to do? Or do I need to run a direct wire to the battery like a typical installation?
There is a reason that the FAST Specific adapters all carry the following disclaimer; This harness is designed to connect to OE radios in MOST** Mitsubishi Vehicles. Not for use in amplified systems.
**Bazooka reccomends you compare picture to your vehicle's harness to ensure compatibility. If in doubt, find an Authorized Bazooka Dealer near you for assistance.

The "normal" Bazooka wires and the FAST-9999 are colored they way they are because they are "universal" and NOT vehicle specific.

No, there is no need to run a seperate fused power wire to the positive battery terminal.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Just Gettin Started

Becker44 is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me out. I'm installing a BTA10100 with a fast-9999 in my 2013 VW Jetta, and I am not certain what wires to connect the power wire and remote wire to.

The radio is a RCD 310, i've tried to post a link to it but it would not post. any help would be appreciated, I'm looking forward to having the bazooka hooked up
Old 01-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becker44 View Post
Hi there,

I hope someone can help me out. I'm installing a BTA10100 with a fast-9999 in my 2013 VW Jetta, and I am not certain what wires to connect the power wire and remote wire to.

The radio is a RCD 310, i've tried to post a link to it but it would not post. any help would be appreciated, I'm looking forward to having the bazooka hooked up
I apologize for not getting to your post sooner, it seems to have slipped right past me. From what I could see in the link you have provided (thank you for that), you most likely will have to connect the power and remote of the FAST-9999 to a constant +12v source at the fuse box or the positive battery terminal.

As for the kill switch, you will want to install this inline of the remote wire.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:03 PM
Just Gettin Started

highnthemnts is on a distinguished road

The fast system wants to tap into the *front* left and right speakers.

I think I'd prefer to tap into the *rear* left and right vehicle speakers, only so i can control it via fader (turning down the rear speakers).

I don't think this would be a problem, would it?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnthemnts View Post
The fast system wants to tap into the *front* left and right speakers.

I think I'd prefer to tap into the *rear* left and right vehicle speakers, only so i can control it via fader (turning down the rear speakers).

I don't think this would be a problem, would it?
As long as there is bass information present at the rear speakers, this will not be a problem at all. For example, if the rear speakers are 4", it is very likely there will be no bass information present, or very little for that matter. If they are 6" or larger, you will be fine.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:13 PM
Just Gettin Started

highnthemnts is on a distinguished road

here's the pinout of the reciever. I need some clarification about the connection for the power (red wire) or the remote accessory (blue/black wire).

1 Illumination+ Violet Orange 2 Right Front Speaker + Red / Yellow Gray 3 Left Front Speaker + Brown / White White (gap for connector lock) 4 Right Rear Speaker + Blue / Yellow
Violet 5 Left Rear Speaker + White / Red Green 6 +12 Volt Memory Blue / Red
Yellow 7 Dimmer (Illum.-) Orange / White Orange / White 8 Right Front Speaker - White / Black Gray / Black 9 Left Front Speaker - Green
White / Black (small gap) 10 +12 Volt Accessory Yellow / Green
Red 11 Ground Black Black / Red Black (small gap) 12 Right Rear Speaker - Red / White
Violet / Black 13 Left Rear Speaker - Red / Black
Green / Black

Tags
bta10100, bta6100, bta8100, bta850fh, fast, fast-9999, ta850c