Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Harveylg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Will do. Back with you tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Just Gettin Started

Just curious to do it right. What am I touching each probe to on the dmm to check ohm resistance. The ground washer and the metal trunk bottom ? thanks again. If it is not zero then where am I looking to relocate ?
Old 12-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveylg View Post
Just curious to do it right. What am I touching each probe to on the dmm to check ohm resistance. The ground washer and the metal trunk bottom ? thanks again. If it is not zero then where am I looking to relocate ?
Yes, the ground ring terminal and the trunk floor. Look to relocate the ground somwhere that fits the parameters listed in the owner's manual.
Harveylg (12-10-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thank You Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

The only thing the owners manual states about ground location is place it close to amplifier. I have it by the mounting base bracket so I can't get much closer. Nevertheless i will try another location. Thanks again for your help.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Just Gettin Started

bazookalion is on a distinguished road

I have an Alpine CDA 9886. It has RCA out for Subwoofer.

A) Am I supposed to used the RCA connection from the bazooka tube INSTEAD OF the FAST connection?

Or

B) Am I supposed to use the FAST connection INSTEAD OF the RCA Connection?

Or

C) Am I supposed to use BOTH the FAST connection AND the RCA Connection?

Or

D) Not listed. If D, give the instruction.

Which is it: A, B, C, or D ?

I really only want 80hz and below to be directed to the tube. And with the head unit I can specify the crossover point. I'm afraid that the FAST connection will interfere. Please answer my questions.

THANKS
Old 12-14-2012, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazookalion View Post
I have an Alpine CDA 9886. It has RCA out for Subwoofer.

A) Am I supposed to used the RCA connection from the bazooka tube INSTEAD OF the FAST connection?

Or

B) Am I supposed to use the FAST connection INSTEAD OF the RCA Connection?

Or

C) Am I supposed to use BOTH the FAST connection AND the RCA Connection?

Or

D) Not listed. If D, give the instruction.

Which is it: A, B, C, or D ?

I really only want 80hz and below to be directed to the tube. And with the head unit I can specify the crossover point. I'm afraid that the FAST connection will interfere. Please answer my questions.

THANKS
With regards to the High or Low Level connections, it is an EITHER/OR connection, but NOT both. To clarify, make the power connections with the FAST Harness and plug the RCA's in, OR make all of the connections with the FAST Harness, both power and signal and leave the RCA's unplugged.

As for the frequency range of the Tube, the BTAXX100 has a fixed crossover and subsonic filter (85Hz and 35Hz).
Geneh (12-17-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Just Gettin Started

bazookalion is on a distinguished road

Thank you. The instructions weren't real clear.

It was still a pretty easy install. Could have been easier I guess, but it's hard to complain so far.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Just Gettin Started

pimpg is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I need help. I have no power to my BTA10100 though I have sound from my head unit. If unplug & replug the fastbtah to the sub the sub's power light comes on but then turns off immediately.

I installed the fast9999 and fastbtah with my BTA10100 in my 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. I have an aftermarket powered head unit (with front, rear & sub outs) with all 6 wires of the fast9999 tapped between the factory wire & h/u. The blue/white wire (power antenna) on the fast9999 is connected to the factory wire but not into the head/unit as I have no external amp other than the bta10100 & whatever power the h/u puts out. Should the h/u be connected to the blue/white wire? Though the h/u has rca sub outs, I didn't connect them as the speaker wires are tapped from the harness. I grounded the fastbtah to the rear seat & sanded most of the paint. I have yet to sand the depression in the chassis right where the bolt goes. I suppose this could be it, but wanted to know about the blue/white wire.

Thanks
Old 12-19-2012, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpg View Post
Hello,

I need help. I have no power to my BTA10100 though I have sound from my head unit. If unplug & replug the fastbtah to the sub the sub's power light comes on but then turns off immediately.

I installed the fast9999 and fastbtah with my BTA10100 in my 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. I have an aftermarket powered head unit (with front, rear & sub outs) with all 6 wires of the fast9999 tapped between the factory wire & h/u. The blue/white wire (power antenna) on the fast9999 is connected to the factory wire but not into the head/unit as I have no external amp other than the bta10100 & whatever power the h/u puts out. Should the h/u be connected to the blue/white wire? Though the h/u has rca sub outs, I didn't connect them as the speaker wires are tapped from the harness. I grounded the fastbtah to the rear seat & sanded most of the paint. I have yet to sand the depression in the chassis right where the bolt goes. I suppose this could be it, but wanted to know about the blue/white wire.

Thanks
Connect the red power wire of the FAST-9999 to the constant power wire of the headunit; the blue/white wire of the FAST-9999 to the switched power wire of the headunit of the remote wire of the headunit (not the power antenna wire). Use the front speakers of the harness for your signal source OR you can use the RCA's and plug into the sub-out of the headunit, but DO NOT connect both.
pimpg (12-20-2012)
Old 01-01-2013, 11:12 AM
Just Gettin Started

jettatdi is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Hello guys I need some help. I am connecting the fast harness but already have used my HU remote amp turn on wire for a 12 volt amplified antenna adapter. Can I tap into this wire, or will this be too much of a draw for the head unit.

Tags
bta10100, bta6100, bta8100, bta850fh, fast, fast-9999, ta850c