Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 10:45 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
deso is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

So even cutting the rca cable and splicing into the sub cable could cause issues? What about something like a LOC?
Old 11-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Just Gettin Started

I ended up connecting the bazooka to the 12v constant and remote turn on at the amp using the Bose wiring diagram. For the signal, I cut the RCA portion of the harness and split the wires. Then, I used wire taps to connect the split rca wire to the sub harness (blue/brown & blue with white stripe/green). I don't know much about car audio but this seems to sound fine to me.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by deso View Post
I ended up connecting the bazooka to the 12v constant and remote turn on at the amp using the Bose wiring diagram. For the signal, I cut the RCA portion of the harness and split the wires. Then, I used wire taps to connect the split rca wire to the sub harness (blue/brown & blue with white stripe/green). I don't know much about car audio but this seems to sound fine to me.
As long as the Tube and the factory stereo are playing, you are fine. When you are experiencing an impedance problem the Tube and the factory system will stop playing for what seems like no good reason.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Just Gettin Started

Ah okay, I am up and running now, thanks.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Just Gettin Started

Bpt123 is on a distinguished road

Hello. I had the bazooka hooked up via the fast harness and it sounded great. However I bought an amp and now I am using the preouts from the amp with RCAs. The sound out of the tube is now much less than before. I can barely hear it. Any ideas? I am using the power and remote wires from the fast harnass. Thanks
Old 11-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpt123 View Post
Hello. I had the bazooka hooked up via the fast harness and it sounded great. However I bought an amp and now I am using the preouts from the amp with RCAs. The sound out of the tube is now much less than before. I can barely hear it. Any ideas? I am using the power and remote wires from the fast harnass. Thanks
Check the owner's manual to make sure the pre-outs of the amplifier are full range. Also make sure that the RCA's are firmly in place.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Just Gettin Started

Harveylg is on a distinguished road
Thank You Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Hi guys. Great forum.
I hope someone can help. I just installed a bta8100 with universal fast screw down harness tapping into existing wires on an alpine factory radio. Radio has tuner and CD. Problem now is the sub works great with CD however when I tune radio it's a disaster.
I can only tune radio to first volume level 1, then I get only noise from the sub and nothing from any of the other speakers. Cannot turn up volume to 2 - too loud garbling noise only from sub.
Does anyone know why this would happen to the radio only ? The original plug was as directed plugged back in the radio. No changes. Just tapping into the correct wires.
Thanks
Old 12-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveylg View Post
Hi guys. Great forum.
I hope someone can help. I just installed a bta8100 with universal fast screw down harness tapping into existing wires on an alpine factory radio. Radio has tuner and CD. Problem now is the sub works great with CD however when I tune radio it's a disaster.
I can only tune radio to first volume level 1, then I get only noise from the sub and nothing from any of the other speakers. Cannot turn up volume to 2 - too loud garbling noise only from sub.
Does anyone know why this would happen to the radio only ? The original plug was as directed plugged back in the radio. No changes. Just tapping into the correct wires.
Thanks
This sounds very much like a noise induction issue. Where do you have the ground located and how did you go about prepping the surface? Be sure to check that your antenna cable is correctly plugged into the receiver.
Harveylg (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Just Gettin Started

Harveylg is on a distinguished road

Heavy-first thanks so much for your reply and help.

I will make sure antenna is in , although did not remove it. I did clip off RCA jacks on one side of fast harness as they were not needed since I have none on radio and saw no need to run these. The other side by clip going into sub still has RCA wires.
Interesting you mention ground wire. I've been struggling with this. I wound up drilling a hole very close to where the sub mounting floor bracket is in the trunk through metal floor, sanding paint and screwing down eyelet into metal floor below carpet. Do you think I should redo or choose another place ?
Once again thanks for your valuable input.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveylg View Post
Heavy-first thanks so much for your reply and help.

I will make sure antenna is in , although did not remove it. I did clip off RCA jacks on one side of fast harness as they were not needed since I have none on radio and saw no need to run these. The other side by clip going into sub still has RCA wires.
Interesting you mention ground wire. I've been struggling with this. I wound up drilling a hole very close to where the sub mounting floor bracket is in the trunk through metal floor, sanding paint and screwing down eyelet into metal floor below carpet. Do you think I should redo or choose another place ?
Once again thanks for your valuable input.
Make sure that the ends of the RCA's you cut off are well insulated, although ideally, leaving the plugs attached would have been the best thing to do.

If you have a DMM measure the resistance at the ground. It should measure zero. If this checks out and you are still having the problem after checking the antenna and the RCA's, relocate your ground. Instead of using a self-tapping screw try using a nut, bolt and some star washers.

Tags
bta10100, bta6100, bta8100, bta850fh, fast, fast-9999, ta850c