Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 09-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Louis6507 is on a distinguished road
Default Questions about the BTA10250D

I'll be purchasing this model within the next week, and I have a few questions about installation steps and what I should buy for installation.

Here's what I can find:
Quote:
What's in the Box:
  • One 10" amplified tube-style subwoofer with attached grille
  • 10" Signal wiring harness
  • Power wiring harness (has an 11" power lead and 23" ground lead)
  • 1 In-line fuse holder with a 20A fuse (has 4" leads on both sides)
  • 2 Yellow butt connectors
  • 1 Crimp-on ring
  • One 1/2" self-tapping screw
  • Two 3' mounting straps (each strap has an attached plastic mounting base)
  • Four 1" self-tapping screws
  • Installation Manual
From: http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...id/0/SFV/30046

And:
Quote:
If it is necessary to lengthen the battery wire, add the required length between the amplifier and the fuse holder, not the fuse holder and the battery. Use 12 gauge or larger to extend the battery wire. It is best to use as short a wire as possible.
From: http://www.bazooka.com/tech/wiring-diagrams/BTAxx250D

My questions:
So...How long are the wires that come with this unit. I believe I am reading that it comes only with about 19" (including fuse) of 12 gauge power wire. Is that correct?

If that is correct, and the power wire is only 12 gauge, should an 8 gauge CCA (copper coated aluminum) wire be a sufficient extension?

Also, will I still need a fuse box/fuse, the kind that comes with an amp installation kit?
Old 09-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Questions about the BTA10250D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis6507 View Post
I'll be purchasing this model within the next week, and I have a few questions about installation steps and what I should buy for installation.

Here's what I can find:
From: http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/S...id/0/SFV/30046

And:
From: http://www.bazooka.com/tech/wiring-diagrams/BTAxx250D

My questions:
So...How long are the wires that come with this unit. I believe I am reading that it comes only with about 19" (including fuse) of 12 gauge power wire. Is that correct?

If that is correct, and the power wire is only 12 gauge, should an 8 gauge CCA (copper coated aluminum) wire be a sufficient extension?

Also, will I still need a fuse box/fuse, the kind that comes with an amp installation kit?
You do not need to use 8 gauge for the power wire, 12 gauge is plenty sufficient for the Tube. Not to mention, it makes it easier to connect to the in-line fuse holder and the harness of the Tube.

No, the in-line fuse holder that is supplied is all you need for the installation of the Tube.

As for the length, the in-line fuse holder may be 10" long, to be honest, I've never taken the time to measure. As for the harness, these wires are most likely 12"-16" long.
Louis6507 (09-07-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Just Gettin Started

Wow, thank you for the quick reply, Heavyduty. (^_^)

I already posted this Q in my introduction thread and I hate to ask twice but, maybe if the answer is here, it can help anyone else who ends up with my same questions:

Should I connect to my head unit's 2.5v RCA sub outs or tap into my speaker channels? If I use my sub out, I can use the low-pass filter in my HU to block the bass frequencies to my factory speakers. But, I see the recommendations in the FAST-9999 thread to always use the high-level inputs instead. My HU claims it puts out 20 watts RMS x4 channels at 4 ohms.

I'm not sure which is considered the high-level input for this tube. And, if the RCA's are the lower choice, would it be worth it, to use the bass filter in my head unit?

Thanks again. (^_~)
Do good instead of evil and try to live at peace. (Psalm 34:14)
Old 09-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis6507 View Post
Wow, thank you for the quick reply, Heavyduty. (^_^)

I already posted this Q in my introduction thread and I hate to ask twice but, maybe if the answer is here, it can help anyone else who ends up with my same questions:

Should I connect to my head unit's 2.5v RCA sub outs or tap into my speaker channels? If I use my sub out, I can use the low-pass filter in my HU to block the bass frequencies to my factory speakers. But, I see the recommendations in the FAST-9999 thread to always use the high-level inputs instead. My HU claims it puts out 20 watts RMS x4 channels at 4 ohms.

I'm not sure which is considered the high-level input for this tube. And, if the RCA's are the lower choice, would it be worth it, to use the bass filter in my head unit?

Thanks again. (^_~)
Take advantage of the subwoofer output of the headunit.

The High Level Input is quite simply connecting to the speaker outputs of the headunit. The voltage level is high, thus, High Level Input.
Louis6507 (09-07-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Just Gettin Started

d(-_^) Thank you for the quick answers. You've not only helped save me money on wiring but, you've also helped me learn more about it.
Do good instead of evil and try to live at peace. (Psalm 34:14)

Tags
bta10250d, installation