Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 05-10-2012, 06:06 PM
335IConvertible2011's Avatar
335IConvertible2011 335IConvertible2011 is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
335IConvertible2011 is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

I just purchased the BTA8100 8inch Powered subwoofer with installation kit for my BMW 335i convertible. I have stock radio with Nav. Do you have the wiring schematics for this vehicle? I need to know where the wires are that I need to tap. Thank you in advance..
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 05-14-2012, 06:31 PM
NCBob's Avatar
NCBob NCBob is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 3
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
NCBob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
Find a switched +12v source in the factory fuse box. What vehicle are you installing the Tube in?
I am not an electrical wizzard. Hooked up the FAST, ran power to the 10100 from the battery, and found a ground. Had no idea where to hook up the blue/white wire, so I left it unconnected. I am getting no power to the Zook. Do I need to have the blue/white connected to a 12v source to get power to the Zook?
Incidentally, the directions call for hooking up the solid green wire and a green striped wire. No green wires on my harness. Gray, gray striped, white, and black/white wires.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 05-14-2012, 07:15 PM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,952
Thanks: 351
Thanked 771 Times in 690 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 781
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBob View Post
I am not an electrical wizzard. Hooked up the FAST, ran power to the 10100 from the battery, and found a ground. Had no idea where to hook up the blue/white wire, so I left it unconnected. I am getting no power to the Zook. Do I need to have the blue/white connected to a 12v source to get power to the Zook?
Incidentally, the directions call for hooking up the solid green wire and a green striped wire. No green wires on my harness. Gray, gray striped, white, and black/white wires.
Thanks
The Tube is not turning on because you do not have the blue/white wire connected to a switched +12v source. The only other option is to use the Auto-Turn On Loop, but as you do not have any signal wires connected, this will not do you any good either.

The High Level Input wires of the Tube are not color coded to match your factory harness. As I previously posted, you will need to purchase an LOC for this install. If you feel the complexity of this install is too great, your best option is to pay to have the unit professionally installed.
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heavyduty For This Useful Post:
Geneh (05-18-2012), NCBob (05-16-2012)
  #84  
Old 05-14-2012, 07:19 PM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,952
Thanks: 351
Thanked 771 Times in 690 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 781
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335IConvertible2011 View Post
I just purchased the BTA8100 8inch Powered subwoofer with installation kit for my BMW 335i convertible. I have stock radio with Nav. Do you have the wiring schematics for this vehicle? I need to know where the wires are that I need to tap. Thank you in advance..
Contact the dealership or a professional installer for assistance with identifying the correct harness and wires. A professional installer will also be able to tell you if you will need to purchase an LOC as well.
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06-10-2012, 11:56 PM
davidfunke's Avatar
davidfunke davidfunke is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
davidfunke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

I am installing a bta8100fhc in a polaris ranger to a ssvworks wp-ou4. It is a self contained stereo that has Low level rca outputs, and a power connections for instal. I don't have access to the speaker wires, or an accessory or 12 volt remote turn on.

I connected the power with the fast 9999 connector, fastened the neg to the chassis, connected the low level rca's.

When I connect the BTAH cable to the sub, the led blips, but does stay illuminated. No sound. I assume I need to get it to auto-turn on. but I haven't figured it out. Please help
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06-11-2012, 02:04 PM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,952
Thanks: 351
Thanked 771 Times in 690 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 781
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfunke View Post
I am installing a bta8100fhc in a polaris ranger to a ssvworks wp-ou4. It is a self contained stereo that has Low level rca outputs, and a power connections for instal. I don't have access to the speaker wires, or an accessory or 12 volt remote turn on.

I connected the power with the fast 9999 connector, fastened the neg to the chassis, connected the low level rca's.

When I connect the BTAH cable to the sub, the led blips, but does stay illuminated. No sound. I assume I need to get it to auto-turn on. but I haven't figured it out. Please help
That is correct, without the remote turn-on wire connected to a switched +12v source, the Tube will not turn on. You only other option is to connect the blue/white wire of the FAST-9999 to the power connection of the stereo. You will then want to install a toggle switch so you can turn the Tube on and off. Look for a 12 volt switch that has a amperage rating of 7.5 amps.
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-11-2012, 04:32 PM
davidfunke's Avatar
davidfunke davidfunke is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
davidfunke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

So there is no problem connecting the blue/white wire to the same wire I connected the subs 12v red power wire, to the red power wire that runs from the battery to the stereo? no loop problems.

Also, I thought there was a way that the sub could be connected to use it's own auto sensing on off so I wouldn't need a switch?
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 06-11-2012, 04:55 PM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,952
Thanks: 351
Thanked 771 Times in 690 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 781
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfunke View Post
So there is no problem connecting the blue/white wire to the same wire I connected the subs 12v red power wire, to the red power wire that runs from the battery to the stereo? no loop problems.

Also, I thought there was a way that the sub could be connected to use it's own auto sensing on off so I wouldn't need a switch?
Connecting to the power wire will present no problem at all.

You will need to use the harness ELA-HP-AWK for the Auto Turn-On Loop. Give Tech. Support a call at 1-800-THE-TUBE to inquire about switching out the harness.
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-22-2012, 12:18 PM
DanHaff's Avatar
DanHaff DanHaff is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
DanHaff is on a distinguished road
Question help pls

I have a tms8a-hp-s 8 inch EL series bazooka, and I was going to move it in my truck and the wire harness came off ... can anyone tell me the correct wire powitions for red black blue and the two rcas??
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-22-2012, 04:42 PM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,952
Thanks: 351
Thanked 771 Times in 690 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 781
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: help pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHaff View Post
I have a tms8a-hp-s 8 inch EL series bazooka, and I was going to move it in my truck and the wire harness came off ... can anyone tell me the correct wire powitions for red black blue and the two rcas??
Just to clarify, what harness are you talking about? Or to be a bit more specific, exactly what are you dealing with? Wires that you have pulled out of the Molex connector?
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bta10100, bta6100, bta8100, bta850fh, fast, fast-9999, ta850c

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template-Modifications by TMS
bazooka.com
SAS, BAZOOKA, BASS TUBES, and LISTEN TO YOUR EARS are registered trademarks of Southern Audio Services, Inc.