Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Passive Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
cns25 is on a distinguished road
Default Bazooka bt1024 hook up

Hey guys im new to this but i bought a mb quart NAU660 and i am running 4 6.5 infinitys with the first 4 channels and would like to know how to hook up the dvc tube the right way. I know i have to bridge channels 5 and 6 but there are 4 inputs on the back of the bass 2 neg and 2 pos. i know this has got to be a simple thing but i do not want to screw anything up. Thank you for the help..
Neil
Old 04-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Just Gettin Started

Default Re: Bazooka bt1024 hook up

This Bazooka tube is a BT1024DVC.. Thank You
Old 04-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cns25 View Post
Hey guys im new to this but i bought a mb quart NAU660 and i am running 4 6.5 infinitys with the first 4 channels and would like to know how to hook up the dvc tube the right way. I know i have to bridge channels 5 and 6 but there are 4 inputs on the back of the bass 2 neg and 2 pos. i know this has got to be a simple thing but i do not want to screw anything up. Thank you for the help..
Neil
The way to configure the terminals will be dependent on your amplifier. If you are able to bridge channels 5 and 6 into a 2 ohm mono load, it will be simple parallel connection of the voice coils. If your amplifier is not 2 ohm stable you will have to wire the voice coils in series to achieve an 8 ohm load.

After you find out the specs on your amplifier post back if you need additional advice on how to wire the terminals of the Tube.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thank You Re: Bazooka bt1024 hook up

The book on the amp says using 6 channels that it is capable of 4 or 2 ohms per channel or 4 ohm mono which im assuming would be bridging channel 5 and 6. Not sure if this helps. let me know what other info you may need the tube says it can be 8 ohms or 4 ohms. once again sorry for the silly questions but i dont want to burn anything up.

Thank You
Neil
Old 04-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cns25 View Post
The book on the amp says using 6 channels that it is capable of 4 or 2 ohms per channel or 4 ohm mono which im assuming would be bridging channel 5 and 6. Not sure if this helps. let me know what other info you may need the tube says it can be 8 ohms or 4 ohms. once again sorry for the silly questions but i dont want to burn anything up.

Thank You
Neil
No need to apologize for the questions, it is always best to ask when you don't know.

You will need to configure the voice coils in a series for a 8 ohm load. You will need to make a jumper wire to connect the negative of the first pair of terminals to the positive of the second pair terminals. From there you will simply connect the positive terminal of the amplifier to the positive terminal of the Tube that does not have the jumper wire connected. You will them connect the negative terminal of the amplifier to the negative terminal on the Tube, again the one that does not have the jumper wire connected.