Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 04-03-2012, 02:30 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
tswafford is on a distinguished road
Default Bazooka BTA8100

I got a BTA8100 second hand and it doesent have any wires. Could someone tell me where to order replacement wires? Also a part number would be very helpful in my ordering as I know almost nothing about car audio stuff. Thanks in advance.
Terry
Old 04-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bazooka BTA8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by tswafford View Post
I got a BTA8100 second hand and it doesent have any wires. Could someone tell me where to order replacement wires? Also a part number would be very helpful in my ordering as I know almost nothing about car audio stuff. Thanks in advance.
Terry
This is the harness you will need to purchase.

http://store.bazooka.com/ELA-HP-AWK-...ubes-P294.aspx
Old 04-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thanks heavy duty. I got the wiring harness today. Now where do all of the wires go? I sent you a pm. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tswafford View Post
Thanks heavy duty. I got the wiring harness today. Now where do all of the wires go? I sent you a pm. Thanks for the help.
Here is a link to the wiring diagram for the BTA8100.

http://www.bazooka.com/tech/wiring-diagrams/BTAxx100

Here is also a link for the owner's manual that goes into even greater detail;

http://www.bazooka.com/pdf/current/T...gualforweb.pdf

Do NOT hook up both the High Level and Low Level Inputs, it is an either or situation.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thanks again for your help. I am still confused a little about when to use or not use the two wires with the loop. Also a little confused about the orange wire. I don't understand what it means by remote. I guess I should have paid the 75 dollars that they wanted locally to hook it up for me. I'm just too cheap. Anyway thanks again.
Terry
Old 04-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tafford View Post
Thanks again for your help. I am still confused a little about when to use or not use the two wires with the loop. Also a little confused about the orange wire. I don't understand what it means by remote. I guess I should have paid the 75 dollars that they wanted locally to hook it up for me. I'm just too cheap. Anyway thanks again.
Terry
The Orange Remote Wire of the Tube is connected to a switched +12v connection, meaning a +12v source that is turned on and off with the ignition. Most aftermarket headunits have a separate amplifier remote turn-on lead to connect this orange wire of the Tube to.

The Auto Turn On Loop is used when you do not have a switched +12v source to connect to. Again, just like the High Level and Low Level Inputs, this too is an either/or situation. It is one or the other, NOT both.

If you are still too confused after reading completely through the owner's manual, pay a professional installer to install the unit.