Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 04-04-2012, 06:04 PM
chkster's Avatar
chkster chkster is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
chkster is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

the link you provided has no mention of the RCA plugs.... my want to update that....
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-04-2012, 06:17 PM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,950
Thanks: 351
Thanked 771 Times in 690 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 781
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chkster View Post
the link you provided has no mention of the RCA plugs.... my want to update that....
That's because the FAST-BTAH has the RCA's and not the FAST-9999. Your previous post asked for the procedure in wiring. The FAST-9999 and the FAST-BTAH plug into one another, therefore, you only need to know how to wire the FAST-9999 correctly.
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-06-2012, 07:59 AM
hammertime's Avatar
hammertime hammertime is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
hammertime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Heavy Duty, I have the BTA 8100 with the fast harness. Am I understanding correctly that I am better off connecting to the speaker wires in the harness rather than using the rca's? Also, I have a jensen MSR3007 Head unit in my pontoon. I am trying to wire this correctly. I connected the red wire on the Fast harness to the red wire on my head unit harness, it was called acessory/ignition (+), and the blue wire to the blue wire on my head unit that was called (power antenna). The other non/speaker wire choices for these connections was black/shield: rear line audio negative, red: rear right line level out, white: rear left line level out.

I have no power to my sub the way i have it connected. The red wire that I connected the power to is a bit thicker than the other wires. Where am i going wrong???
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-06-2012, 09:07 AM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,950
Thanks: 351
Thanked 771 Times in 690 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 781
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime View Post
Heavy Duty, I have the BTA 8100 with the fast harness. Am I understanding correctly that I am better off connecting to the speaker wires in the harness rather than using the rca's? Also, I have a jensen MSR3007 Head unit in my pontoon. I am trying to wire this correctly. I connected the red wire on the Fast harness to the red wire on my head unit harness, it was called acessory/ignition (+), and the blue wire to the blue wire on my head unit that was called (power antenna). The other non/speaker wire choices for these connections was black/shield: rear line audio negative, red: rear right line level out, white: rear left line level out.

I have no power to my sub the way i have it connected. The red wire that I connected the power to is a bit thicker than the other wires. Where am i going wrong???
Try connecting the red wire of the FAST-9999 to the constant +12v of the headunit and connect the blue/white wire of the 9999 to the switched +12v (accessory/ignition).

The advantage of using High Level Inputs over the Low Level (or RCA's) is that when using High Level Inputs you are connecting to a verified high voltage signal.

Post back with any other questions or troublshooting issues.
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-06-2012, 02:22 PM
hammertime's Avatar
hammertime hammertime is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
hammertime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

i used a voltmeter and had power at the end of the extension. no power to sub though. is my sub screwed up? it worked just last week when i took it out of my other boat. also, i dont think i have constant power. there is only right front +, right front -, right rear +, right rear -, left rear + left rear -, rear line audio negative, rear right line level out, left front speaker(+), left front speaker (-), power antenna, accesory/ignition (+), ground, rear left line level out. which would be constant power? those are all of the choices from the manual, and all of the wires available outside of the rcas.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-06-2012, 02:25 PM
hammertime's Avatar
hammertime hammertime is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
hammertime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

what type of level should i be getting on the voltmeter, and what setting should i use? 2 amp, 20 amp etc? dc or ac?
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-06-2012, 02:38 PM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,950
Thanks: 351
Thanked 771 Times in 690 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 781
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime View Post
i used a voltmeter and had power at the end of the extension. no power to sub though. is my sub screwed up? it worked just last week when i took it out of my other boat. also, i dont think i have constant power. there is only right front +, right front -, right rear +, right rear -, left rear + left rear -, rear line audio negative, rear right line level out, left front speaker(+), left front speaker (-), power antenna, accesory/ignition (+), ground, rear left line level out. which would be constant power? those are all of the choices from the manual, and all of the wires available outside of the rcas.
If you do not have a +12v constant connect both wires to the switched +12v of the headunit. If the Tube does not turn on after you have made the connection change, measure to make sure you have voltage present at both of these pins. If you do have voltage, remove the subwoofer to make sure the leads from the amplifier are still connected to the driver.

Where and how is your ground connection made?
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-06-2012, 02:48 PM
hammertime's Avatar
hammertime hammertime is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
hammertime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

ground loop end is grounded to a bracket screwed into the deck of pontoon under the helm. should be a good ground. do you reccomend somewhere else? i will go try putting the blue wire from the fast harness to the red wire with the other one and let you know shortly
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-06-2012, 02:49 PM
hammertime's Avatar
hammertime hammertime is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
hammertime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

do i need to open the sub up to do make sure the leads are connected?
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-06-2012, 03:04 PM
hammertime's Avatar
hammertime hammertime is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
hammertime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

i hooked both up to the red and i have voltage at the end of the extension, but no power to sub yet. i need to open up the tube and check connection
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bta10100, bta6100, bta8100, bta850fh, fast, fast-9999, ta850c

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template-Modifications by TMS
bazooka.com
SAS, BAZOOKA, BASS TUBES, and LISTEN TO YOUR EARS are registered trademarks of Southern Audio Services, Inc.