Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Customer Service

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rexx6.0 is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Scion xB specific Bazooka Amplified sub makes weird noises...

I just installed my new amplified sub into my 2010 Scion xB, and everything works fine except for a few small things that are slightly bothering me.

When I start the car, and turn it off, the sub makes a weird humming noise for about a second... is there something hooked up wrong? Any way to fix this?

Also, when I hooked up the sub, it reset everything on my stock Alpine radio, which is fine, but now I can't change any of the settings like the "MX" and "SSP", they are stuck on "OFF" and "FLAT", and can't change them at all, is this normal?

When installing I noticed a little switch on the back of the enclosure, by the plug input... its a small plastic switch, what is this? I left it the way it came, which is towards the bottom of the enclosure.

Let me know about these little quirks... otherwise it sounds great, just need to play some more with EQing, and finding the rattles now.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Scion xB specific Bazooka Amplified sub makes weird noises...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexx6.0 View Post
I just installed my new amplified sub into my 2010 Scion xB, and everything works fine except for a few small things that are slightly bothering me.

When I start the car, and turn it off, the sub makes a weird humming noise for about a second... is there something hooked up wrong? Any way to fix this?

Also, when I hooked up the sub, it reset everything on my stock Alpine radio, which is fine, but now I can't change any of the settings like the "MX" and "SSP", they are stuck on "OFF" and "FLAT", and can't change them at all, is this normal?

When installing I noticed a little switch on the back of the enclosure, by the plug input... its a small plastic switch, what is this? I left it the way it came, which is towards the bottom of the enclosure.

Let me know about these little quirks... otherwise it sounds great, just need to play some more with EQing, and finding the rattles now.
To begin with, the humming noise may be due to the ground. Check to make sure this connection is tight and secure. Also, are you using High Level or Low Level Inputs for your signal source?

The switch you are referring to is called the phase input switch. If everything is working perfectly, there is no need to change this position.

If you disconnected the power to the headunit at the start of the install (which is something you should do in all installs) the unit will reset itself due to the loss of power. To turn these settings back on check your owner's manual to see if you are skipping a step. Normally, installing a Tube will not cause features of a headunit to stop working.
Geneh (10-28-2011)
Old 10-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Just Gettin Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
To begin with, the humming noise may be due to the ground. Check to make sure this connection is tight and secure. Also, are you using High Level or Low Level Inputs for your signal source?

The switch you are referring to is called the phase input switch. If everything is working perfectly, there is no need to change this position.

If you disconnected the power to the headunit at the start of the install (which is something you should do in all installs) the unit will reset itself due to the loss of power. To turn these settings back on check your owner's manual to see if you are skipping a step. Normally, installing a Tube will not cause features of a headunit to stop working.

Don't know if its high or low level inputs... I simply ran the wire harness that came with it to the back of my headunit, it T's right into the main input plug... unplug the factory one, plug in to the bazooka harness, then plug the bazooka harness into the headunit, then plug in the blue remote wire hookup to the blue "Remote 2" plug, and it works...

I will try finding a different/better ground and see if this helps get rid of the weird noise at startup and shutdown.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexx6.0 View Post
Don't know if its high or low level inputs... I simply ran the wire harness that came with it to the back of my headunit, it T's right into the main input plug... unplug the factory one, plug in to the bazooka harness, then plug the bazooka harness into the headunit, then plug in the blue remote wire hookup to the blue "Remote 2" plug, and it works...

I will try finding a different/better ground and see if this helps get rid of the weird noise at startup and shutdown.
My apologies, the Scion xB is a direct plug and play harness so there are no Low Level Inputs. Be sure to check your ground, that should solve your issues.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:15 AM
Just Gettin Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
My apologies, the Scion xB is a direct plug and play harness so there are no Low Level Inputs. Be sure to check your ground, that should solve your issues.
Tried different grounding spots, and the humming is still there.. I even tried scraping the metal just to make sure there was no paint or anything causing a poor connection... still hums on startup and shutdown... ideas?