Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
jhabetler is on a distinguished road
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Thanks again Heavyduty!
I actually have the new box design, but the old harness... Just bad luck I guess.

The other option would be to use the high level (speaker) head unit outputs - they're the recommended wiring option for the amplified Bazooka sub tubes, right?

But:

1. Can I use the head unit speaker outputs even if they are also driving speakers? Won't there be some potential impedence issues if the speaker outputs are driving the Bazooka sub and speakers at the same time?

2. Should I use the front or rear head unit speaker outputs?

3. Wouldn't the head unit subwoofer RCA outputs be a more logical choice to use? All the other subs I've installed have used amps driven by RCA outputs...

Thanx,
Justin
Old 07-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhabetler View Post
Thanks again Heavyduty!
I actually have the new box design, but the old harness... Just bad luck I guess.

The other option would be to use the high level (speaker) head unit outputs - they're the recommended wiring option for the amplified Bazooka sub tubes, right?

But:

1. Can I use the head unit speaker outputs even if they are also driving speakers? Won't there be some potential impedence issues if the speaker outputs are driving the Bazooka sub and speakers at the same time?

2. Should I use the front or rear head unit speaker outputs?

3. Wouldn't the head unit subwoofer RCA outputs be a more logical choice to use? All the other subs I've installed have used amps driven by RCA outputs...

Thanx,
Justin
Actually, using the High Level Inputs is the preferred method of connecting the BTAXX100 line (and TA850).

No, it will not create any issues, impedance or otherwise because you are not powering the Tube by making these connections, you are only creating a signal source.

As for the Sub Out of the headunit, it is a nice feature, but with the fixed crossover design of the Tube (subsonic and low pass) you really do not need this feature of the headunit.

As for which channels to connect to, always use the front channels. In the case that you use the fader to adjust for your soundstage (by fading to front) you will be reducing the voltage to the rear speakers and also lowering the output of the Tube. However, if you do want to use the fader as a volume control, you can connect to the rear speakers and fade to front to reduce or "turn-off" the Tube.

Or if you really want to tweak with the output of the Tube but don't want to deal with using the fader, connect to the front speakers as suggested and purchase the RBCM-100.
sun1145 (08-17-2011)
Old 08-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Just Gettin Started

sun1145 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I recently installed a BTA850FH in a 2007 Mazda 3 but it doesnt appear to be receiving any power.

I connected the red wire on the fast harness to -Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange/Black. I connected the blue/white wire on the fast harness to -Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Orange/Black with Silver Dots.

The speaker wires are all connected to the correct wires from what I can tell.

I have found this issue posted in Mazda forums but no one ever appears to post a resolution . Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun1145 View Post
Hello,

I recently installed a BTA850FH in a 2007 Mazda 3 but it doesnt appear to be receiving any power.

I connected the red wire on the fast harness to -Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange/Black. I connected the blue/white wire on the fast harness to -Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Orange/Black with Silver Dots.

The speaker wires are all connected to the correct wires from what I can tell.

I have found this issue posted in Mazda forums but no one ever appears to post a resolution . Any help is greatly appreciated!
Where is your ground connected?
sun1145 (08-17-2011)
Old 08-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Just Gettin Started

I grounded it to a left rear seat bolt (sanded down the area to metal). I can try a different ground if you suspect that is an issue.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I grounded it to a left rear seat bolt (sanded down the area to metal). I can try a different ground if you suspect that is an issue.
Do you have a DMM (digital multi meter)? If so, unplug the harness from the Tube and verify that you have voltage present at the appropriate pins of the harness. After that, measure the resistance at ground to verify that this reads zero. Be sure that the ground is tight and secure, did you use a ring terminal for the ground?
sun1145 (08-17-2011)
Old 08-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Just Gettin Started

Yep, I do have a DMM. I will check everything when I get home from work today as you described. Thanks you very much for such prompt responses! Oh, I did use the O-ring for the ground btw. I will let you know what I come up with.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yep, I do have a DMM. I will check everything when I get home from work today as you described. Thanks you very much for such prompt responses! Oh, I did use the O-ring for the ground btw. I will let you know what I come up with.
No thanks necessary, however I do appreciate it. Hopefully a little troubleshooting will find the culprit to be an easy fix so you can start dropping some lows.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Just Gettin Started

Tagcart is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Hello all,
First timer here. I recently purchased a BTA10250D and am wondering if the FAST-9999 setup is comparable with this model. I don't see this model number on any of the compatibility lists.
Thanks for the help guys!
(Installing in a 2008 Hyundai Elantra with stock stereo.)
Old 12-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Just Gettin Started

Tagcart is on a distinguished road

I just found this
Quote:
The FAST Harness (FAST-9999 and the FAST-BTAH) are not compatiable with your BTA10250D Tube, therefore you will not be able to use these with your 250D. The FAST Harness is only for use with the TA850 and BTAXX100 Tubes (as well as older model EL Series Tubes).

Purchase a amplifier installation kit to install your 250D. Be sure to include one that has a pair of RCA cables unless you already have a pair.
This is the answer i was looking for.

Sorry about the spam.

What other options do I have? The stock stereo doesn't have any RCA output.
PS I'm a noob when it comes to audio..

Tags
bta10100, bta6100, bta8100, bta850fh, fast, fast-9999, ta850c