Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Motorcycle Products

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
michael5705 is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 MC-HD-AMK4 Issues

Hi. I have a 09 FLHX, Biketronics TweeterPod, Biketronics (Hertz Titan) 6.5 (200w) speakers in Batwing, Bazooka MC-HD-AMK4 Amp w/wiring harness, HardRide Audio (Hertz Titan) 6.5 (200w) speakers in lids of bags. Amp is wired to the accessory fuse and grounded to clean spot on frame. OK, here's the issue. Everything was working fine until the speakers started to fade. You can barely hear the music from the rear speakers, but sound loud and clear on the ones in the fairing.

I thought maybe I blew the speakers in the rear, but decided to test it by turning off the accesories rocker switch to see if there was a noticable drop in volume (because that turns the amp off). No difference. I checked the fuse on the power line and on the back of the amp. Both are good. So now I'm at a loss as whether the amp is blown or something else.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: MC-HD-AMK4 Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael5705 View Post
Hi. I have a 09 FLHX, Biketronics TweeterPod, Biketronics (Hertz Titan) 6.5 (200w) speakers in Batwing, Bazooka MC-HD-AMK4 Amp w/wiring harness, HardRide Audio (Hertz Titan) 6.5 (200w) speakers in lids of bags. Amp is wired to the accessory fuse and grounded to clean spot on frame. OK, here's the issue. Everything was working fine until the speakers started to fade. You can barely hear the music from the rear speakers, but sound loud and clear on the ones in the fairing.

I thought maybe I blew the speakers in the rear, but decided to test it by turning off the accesories rocker switch to see if there was a noticable drop in volume (because that turns the amp off). No difference. I checked the fuse on the power line and on the back of the amp. Both are good. So now I'm at a loss as whether the amp is blown or something else.
Give Tech. a call tomorrow at 1-800-THE-TUBE ext 226. Troubleshooting your install over the phone will be easier.