Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
spk2629 is on a distinguished road
Default Bta850fh

Hi, brand new to the forum (and Bazooka products) but have a question:

I own an Alpine CDE 102 head unit

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-t7IDt3n...e-CDE-102.html

I want to purchase the BTA850FH to round out the sound in my car. After scouring the web for reviews, I think the BTA850FH is all I'll need.

I want to know how I will hook the sub into my head unit. Will I simply use the FAST harness and tap into the rear channel leads or am I missing something?

Sorry for the ultra-noob question but I look forward to some help, thanks!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bta850fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk2629 View Post
Hi, brand new to the forum (and Bazooka products) but have a question:

I own an Alpine CDE 102 head unit

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-t7IDt3n...e-CDE-102.html

I want to purchase the BTA850FH to round out the sound in my car. After scouring the web for reviews, I think the BTA850FH is all I'll need.

I want to know how I will hook the sub into my head unit. Will I simply use the FAST harness and tap into the rear channel leads or am I missing something?

Sorry for the ultra-noob question but I look forward to some help, thanks!
Yes, you will tap into the appropriate wires of the headunit with the FAST-9999. Connect the red wire of the FAST to the constant +12v wire of the headunit, the blue/white wire of the FAST to the amplifier remote wire of the headunit, use the front speakers for your signal source and connect your ground and your good to go.
Geneh (04-28-2011), spk2629 (04-30-2011)
Old 04-30-2011, 05:49 AM
Just Gettin Started

Thanks again! I appreciate the help. One more question... Another stupid noob one of course:

If I am running the Bazooka from the rear channel, and I am only using my two front speakers (factory 6x8's), is there a way I can re-route my other 6x8's that are in the rear doors to run off the same signal as the front speakers? In other words, is there a problem with running two speakers off of one channel (Front left & Rear left both drawing from the head unit's Front Left channel?)

I really don't want to limit myself to a 3-speaker system comprised of two door speakers and a bazooka. That'd suck... The other option is to buy an amplifier to run more channels out but then that defeats the whole purpose of buying the bazooka with built-in amp in the first place.

I would take all of these questions to a Bazooka Dealer but there aren't any around here-- sorry for asking potentially dumb questions, but thanks for your patience and info.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:59 AM
Just Gettin Started

Thank You Re: Bta850fh

If I am running the Bazooka from the rear channel, and I am only using my two front speakers (factory 6x8's), is there a way I can re-route my other 6x8's that are in the rear doors to run off the same signal as the front speakers? In other words, is there a problem with running two speakers off of one channel (Front left & Rear left both drawing from the head unit's Front Left channel?) I wish I knew more about all of this stuff but, just like the subtitle under my name says---"Just Gettin Started" so I am trying to learn as I go.

What I want is a 5-speaker system- 2 fronts, 2 rears, and a sub. I am guessing from your original reply that I can't tap into my rear speakers to run the bazooka while keeping the rear speakers active. I was hoping to be able to get away with that, but not knowing any better, it seemed wise to ask you guys here---thanks so much again, by the way!

I really don't want to limit myself to a 3-speaker system comprised of two door speakers and a bazooka. That'd suck... Since I just bought the head unit 3 weeks ago, I am definitely not in the market for an upgrade yet.The other option is to buy an amplifier to run more channels out but then that defeats the purpose of buying the bazooka with built-in amp in the first place. Man, I am so confused LOL

***Sorry for the double-post but I took longer than a minute to edit the last post and needed to add these extra-bits for clarity and better answers/advice. Thanks again!
Old 04-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk2629 View Post
If I am running the Bazooka from the rear channel, and I am only using my two front speakers (factory 6x8's), is there a way I can re-route my other 6x8's that are in the rear doors to run off the same signal as the front speakers? In other words, is there a problem with running two speakers off of one channel (Front left & Rear left both drawing from the head unit's Front Left channel?) I wish I knew more about all of this stuff but, just like the subtitle under my name says---"Just Gettin Started" so I am trying to learn as I go.

What I want is a 5-speaker system- 2 fronts, 2 rears, and a sub. I am guessing from your original reply that I can't tap into my rear speakers to run the bazooka while keeping the rear speakers active. I was hoping to be able to get away with that, but not knowing any better, it seemed wise to ask you guys here---thanks so much again, by the way!

I really don't want to limit myself to a 3-speaker system comprised of two door speakers and a bazooka. That'd suck... Since I just bought the head unit 3 weeks ago, I am definitely not in the market for an upgrade yet.The other option is to buy an amplifier to run more channels out but then that defeats the purpose of buying the bazooka with built-in amp in the first place. Man, I am so confused LOL

***Sorry for the double-post but I took longer than a minute to edit the last post and needed to add these extra-bits for clarity and better answers/advice. Thanks again!
To begin with, connecting to the front speakers or any speaker for that matter does not render the speakers useless. All you are doing is creating a signal source for the Tube and nothing more. The reason the front speakers are suggested for your signal source is in the case that you decide to use the fader to improve the soundstage. Fading to the front will reduce the signal to the rear speakers which in return will lower the output of the Tube.

Leave your rear speakers connected as they are now. Connect to the front speakers for your signal source, mount the Tube and enjoy the music.
spk2629 (04-30-2011)
Old 04-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thank You Re: Bta850fh

Thank you!

The way you just described it makes so much sense, I wish I would have been able to see it for myself---but the thing I want to say is how great forums like these are, where those of us that are head-scratching can come for explanation and tips.

I'm sold!

Tags
alpine cde 102, bta850fh, fast harness, installation