Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdak View Post
And pull out the turn-on loop??
Thanks again
Yes, remove the Auto-Turn On Loop.
Geneh (03-28-2011)
Old 07-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Just Gettin Started

Jacob_07 is on a distinguished road

Ordered a TA850 tube with the FAST harness included but the retailer I bought it from said I needed this item (204ELAAWK SAS ReplWiring Kit ELA amp) because I have a Pioneer DEH-6300 head unit, what is the wiring procedure for this? and do I really need it?

Newbie here so please take it easy on me, first time wiring a amp and want to get it right the first time.

I have the unit mounted and ran the wiring but not sure what connections go where.

Thank you
Old 07-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob_07 View Post
Ordered a TA850 tube with the FAST harness included but the retailer I bought it from said I needed this item (204ELAAWK SAS ReplWiring Kit ELA amp) because I have a Pioneer DEH-6300 head unit, what is the wiring procedure for this? and do I really need it?

Newbie here so please take it easy on me, first time wiring a amp and want to get it right the first time.

I have the unit mounted and ran the wiring but not sure what connections go where.

Thank you
No, you do not need to order the replacement harness, just use the FAST Harness that you have.

Connections will go as follows;

FAST-9999
Red Wire - +12v constant of the headunit
Blue/White Wire - switched +12v source (usually the amplifier remote of the headunit)
White - Left front positive
White/Black - Left front negative
Grey - Right front positive
Grey/Black - Right front negative

Make all the connections at the headunit. Prep and connect the ground and you will be good to go.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Just Gettin Started

So I will not use the two RCA looking jacks on the Blue/White wire or can I plug them in to the back of head unit where it says rear output or subwoofer output? Hope this dont sound dumb.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob_07 View Post
So I will not use the two RCA looking jacks on the Blue/White wire or can I plug them in to the back of head unit where it says rear output or subwoofer output? Hope this dont sound dumb.
No, it doesn't sound dumb. Yes, you can plug the RCA's into the sub out of the headunit instead of making the High Level connections. Make the constant and switched power connections at the headunit and then plug the RCA's in. Secure your ground and your off and running.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Just Gettin Started

You rock guy! Did exactly what you said and presto, works perfect. I know the little 850 is only 50 watts but it sounds nice.

Thank you!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Just Gettin Started

jhabetler is on a distinguished road

I just purchased a Bazooka BTA8100 and am confused by the wiring harnesses I received with the tube.
I want to use the RCA subwoofer out connection from my head unit to drive the sub. I have a FAST-BTAH and a FAST-99. Neither of these harnesses have RCA connectors - is something missing from the box the sub came in, or do I need to buy another harness?

Thanks in advance,
Justin
Old 07-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhabetler View Post
I just purchased a Bazooka BTA8100 and am confused by the wiring harnesses I received with the tube.
I want to use the RCA subwoofer out connection from my head unit to drive the sub. I have a FAST-BTAH and a FAST-99. Neither of these harnesses have RCA connectors - is something missing from the box the sub came in, or do I need to buy another harness?

Thanks in advance,
Justin
No, nothing is missing. The FAST-BTAH was revised to include RCA cables, you just happen to have one of the early BTAH.

If you bought the Tube new, give Customer Service a call on Monday (1-800-THE-TUBE) to inquire about having the BTAH replaced with a newer version. If you bought the unit used, all you need to do is replace the old BTAH with a newer version.
jhabetler (07-09-2011)
Old 07-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Just Gettin Started

jhabetler is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much Heavyduty.
I thought I was losing my mind for a while there...
I bought the tube new, so will try to exchange it for another unit that has the new FAST-BTAH. Is there any way to tell the "age" of a tube by looking at the outside of the box?
Old 07-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhabetler View Post
Thanks so much Heavyduty.
I thought I was losing my mind for a while there...
I bought the tube new, so will try to exchange it for another unit that has the new FAST-BTAH. Is there any way to tell the "age" of a tube by looking at the outside of the box?
Not really, the serial number of the unit contains all of the information regarding age. However, be on the look out for one of the newer box designs. Check out this link to get an idea of what the new box looks like.

http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobi...-Solution-P494

Tags
bta10100, bta6100, bta8100, bta850fh, fast, fast-9999, ta850c