Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > Customer Service

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: bazooka tube identification

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldtzbme View Post
thank you very much for all your help. I have one more question. The bta6250d is 2ohm stable correct? and if i have the bt6014, how would i wire the both of them to operate at 2ohms?
Yes, the 250D is 2 ohm stable. To operate the 250D with the slave unit all you need to do is connect the brown wire (High Level Output +) to the positive terminal of the slave unit and the yellow wire (High Level Output -) to the negative terminal of the slave unit.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:26 PM
Just Gettin Started

ldtzbme is on a distinguished road

but if i do that, wouldnt they just be operating at 4 ohms?
Old 02-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
but if i do that, wouldnt they just be operating at 4 ohms?
No, they would be operating at 2 ohms because they are wired in parallel, dropping the load from 4 ohm to 2 ohm.

Parallel Circuit - A circuit configuration in which the same voltage is applied to all components, with current divided among the components according to their respective resistances or impedances.
Geneh (02-24-2011)
Old 02-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Just Gettin Started

ok. thank you very much for all your help.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
ok. thank you very much for all your help.
Anytime, this is what the Bazooka Forum is for. Post back with any other questions you may have.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Just Gettin Started

hey heavyduty it seems i have another question....the owners manual for the bta6250d says it recomends using speaker level inputs. Then it says if the source unit has both front and rear speaker outputs, use only one set of speaker outputs, but then goes on to explain where to connect the green and green w/black stripe, and the gray and gray w/black stripe. So my question is ...this is basicly saying that i can connect these wires directly to my stereo's wiring harness(either front left and right or rear left and right)even though the front and rear door speakers are wired to these? I thought if you wired multiple speakers together it changes the ohm load. Also, if i do this, i'm pretty sure the sub out function on my stereo will not apply, but what about if i got the RBCM-250D remote control module...would that work?
Old 03-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
hey heavyduty it seems i have another question....the owners manual for the bta6250d says it recomends using speaker level inputs. Then it says if the source unit has both front and rear speaker outputs, use only one set of speaker outputs, but then goes on to explain where to connect the green and green w/black stripe, and the gray and gray w/black stripe. So my question is ...this is basicly saying that i can connect these wires directly to my stereo's wiring harness(either front left and right or rear left and right)even though the front and rear door speakers are wired to these? I thought if you wired multiple speakers together it changes the ohm load. Also, if i do this, i'm pretty sure the sub out function on my stereo will not apply, but what about if i got the RBCM-250D remote control module...would that work?
If you are going to use the High Level Inputs then it is always best to use the front speakers for the signal source. This will prevent a loss of output from the Tube if you ever use the fader to fade to front.

The Green - Green/Black wires are the positive and negative connections for the left channel while the Grey - Grey/Black wires are the connections for the right channel. The statement of only using one set of speaker OUTPUTS refers to using the front or rear channels of the headunit for the signal source (either or but not both).

You are not wiring multiple speakers together by using the front speakers as your signal source. You are not powering the Tube from this signal, only creating a signal source.

If you want to use the subwoofer out feature of the headunit just use the RCA cables. If not, purchase the RCBM for the 250D which will not only allow for volume adjustment but crossover adjustment as well.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Just Gettin Started

hey heavyduty
i was thinking of puting my factory radio back in my 98 gmc yukon, and was wondering about the FAST-9999 harness with posi-tap connectors. Bazooka.com clearly states it will not work with the bta250d, but i was wondering if it will work just with the posi-tap connectors and cutting off the clip end and just twisting the wires together. I'm pretty sure this will work, but was wondering about the red and blue wires that are on this harness. The installation manual says the red is 12v power and obviously the blue is remote, but says you can use the power antenna wire. My truck does not have a power antenna and I already have the power cable ran from the battery back to the tube. The manual also says make sure to connect all 6 wires to the OEM harness. So in my case, I would not need the red 12v wire...right? The blue however I'm sure I need, but am just not sure which one to hook it to. Any ideas?
Old 03-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
hey heavyduty
i was thinking of puting my factory radio back in my 98 gmc yukon, and was wondering about the FAST-9999 harness with posi-tap connectors. Bazooka.com clearly states it will not work with the bta250d, but i was wondering if it will work just with the posi-tap connectors and cutting off the clip end and just twisting the wires together. I'm pretty sure this will work, but was wondering about the red and blue wires that are on this harness. The installation manual says the red is 12v power and obviously the blue is remote, but says you can use the power antenna wire. My truck does not have a power antenna and I already have the power cable ran from the battery back to the tube. The manual also says make sure to connect all 6 wires to the OEM harness. So in my case, I would not need the red 12v wire...right? The blue however I'm sure I need, but am just not sure which one to hook it to. Any ideas?
That is correct, the FAST Harness is not for use with the 250D due to the difference in amperage draw. However, you can use the FAST Harness for your input and remote turn-on connections. Connect the blue/white wire to the switched +12v source of the factory headunit. Leave the red wire of the FAST harness disconnected and your good to go.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:41 AM
Just Gettin Started

hector_39 is on a distinguished road

how do i find my model?